$1700 boxing day computer

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($329.50 @ Vuugo) 
CPU Cooler: NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($179.50 @ Vuugo) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($114.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($144.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($599.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: NZXT - H500 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Wireless Network Adapter: Gigabyte - GC-WB867D-I PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter  ($44.99 @ Memory Express) 
Total: $1731.95
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-26 00:45 EST-0500

Pure gaming build. All prices in Canadian. $1700 budget. Anyone think there is something wrong or think they can improve upon this build. Red theme.

such an expensive cooler for not even an i7 seems a little overboard. and why 8600k and not 9600k?

no nvme (non-sata) SSD on such an expensive build doesn't seem right.

Why pay 45$ for just wifi? why not put that into a better MOBO with built-in wifi +more?

18 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

such a good cooler for not even an i7 seems a little overboard.

no nvme SSD (like the intel 660p) on such an expensive build isn't right.

Why pay 45$ for wifi? why not put that into a better MOBO with built-in and better VRMs?

I'm going to start off by saying that looks for this build matter a lot considering it will be a center piece on my table so in some area's looks>performance.

-The cooler may be overkill however I was willing to sacrifice some of the budget for a cooler that looks far superior to any other AIO as well as allowing me to overclock this cpu to the max.

-NVME ssd Was too expensive compared to a stata ssd which would have me moving budget from other part into ssd so I could get maybe 3s faster boot times...

-Mobo is on sale, Never had performance issues with MSI, getting a RED theme mobo with wifi cost way more than just getting a $45 network guide.

-9600k would require me to get a z390 which is more costly than a z370 and the performace difference is minor

Again everything is in canadian and pricing and availability is different from USA or other countries. Please read the description with a bit more attention and maybe provide some examples next time :) #nosalt

I read it, I was asking for your answers which you well provided.

Considering you are basically only going for personal looks, I would almost ask why your asking for it to be looked at before you just built it?

also, saying 'red theme' does not always mean, 'I have so much money burning in my pocket that performance is lowest priority. you are spending ~$132(US) on a Water AIO for looks, thats probably double what a balanced build would look like.

I dont care about boot times. Having 500 mbs compared to the possible 3000mbs for my programs are much more important. My computer hasnt been off in 2 weeks.

but basically...you don't need help..so...why am i here?

21 minutes ago, thx1138 said:

I read it, I was asking for your answers which you well provided.

Considering you are basically only going for personal looks, I would almost ask why your asking for it to be looked at before you just built it?

also, saying 'red theme' does not always mean, 'I have so much money burning in my pocket that performance is lowest priority. you are spending ~$132(US) on a Water AIO for looks, thats probably double what a balanced build would look like.

I dont care about boot times. Having 500 mbs compared to the possible 3000mbs for my programs are much more important. My computer hasnt been off in 2 weeks.

but basically...you don't need help..so...why am i here?

Sorry I might have come off a bit harsh. But none of your claims other than the aio make sense. yes an nvme would boot games faster and make load screens shorter however there is no real fps gain from nvme to sata sotrage. Since it doesn't increase fps i put that money into faster graphics card. "computer hasn't been off in 2 weeks" what?????

the mobo is on sale AND it has the same theme as requested so why pay more when i could save on the mobo WHICH performs its job perfectly. The reason im asking is becuase SOME people are able to spot compatibility issues or better deals or better combos.

Faster graphics compared to sdd is good, though a smaller nvme + an hdd is better price here for performance instead of a 2.5in sata ssd.

yes, I dont turn off my computer for weeks and sometimes months, It has a VM and a Media Server running 24/7. so boot times are meaningless to me.

I wasnt going to look through all the available MOBO s to find ones that you might like the look of. for performance/value? sure, but if you want looks, just pay for it. I am helping others that are actually budget limited get the best they can and helping others that are sitting on a comp that doesnt even work right now. I feel they deserve my free help, while you are going for a Luxury. and thus if I would help you more than the basic questions I asked first off then you should be paying. 

NEED VS LUXURY

dont worry, next time I have learned from the others who avoided this question...I will ignore such things later as well. thanks for the experience.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/

You could go with the H500 if your hearts set on it but you don't need a 750W PSU. Your PC is going to use 350 W max so its overkill. You could stay with an 8600K and get a very good 360mm AiO like the ML360 RGB and be futureproof. You could also look at Fractal Design Meshify Series. They seem to be fairly priced. Don't go with a much cheaper motherboard, it won't handle overclocks well. 

7 minutes ago, Tarun10 said:

You could go with the H500 if your hearts set on it but you don't need a 750W PSU. Your PC is going to use 350 W max so its overkill. You could stay with an 8600K and get a very good 360mm AiO like the ML360 RGB and be futureproof. You could also look at Fractal Design Meshify Series. They seem to be fairly priced. Don't go with a much cheaper motherboard, it won't handle overclocks well. 

Thanks for the suggestions.

Like @thx1138 suggested 9600K is more performance for 10$ less. Besides an SSD plus a HDD is a better option. You could get a cheaper SATA SSD if you wish. This motherboard is Z390 so better overlocking and features but just check a few reviews before you buy.

5 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

you're putting the wrong link. use the one beside the word 'permalink'.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($479.99 @ Amazon Canada) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua - NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($99.95 @ Newegg Canada Marketplace) 
Motherboard: EVGA - Z370 Micro ATX Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($129.99 @ Mike's Computer Shop) 
Memory: Team - Dark 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($129.99 @ Newegg Canada) 
Storage: HP - EX900 250 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  ($54.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  ($599.00 @ Canada Computers) 
Case: Fractal Design - Meshify C Mini Dark TG MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($98.99 @ Powertop) 
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Canada Computers) 
Total: $1717.88
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-26 08:10 EST-0500

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 hour ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

you're putting the wrong link. use the one beside the word 'permalink'.

Oh thanks for that info.