Cable help with g sync

Gibbah
Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
2 minutes ago, Gibbah said:

I bought a 1440 p Alienware monitor (Idk What monitor exactly) And i use a 2017 razer blade 15 Witch does not have the best i.o... I had many display port cables but could not use them..So i went with HDMI I really wanted to use the g sync and (Special cool stuff lol) So i wanted to use a different cable so i ordered a usb type c to display port cable and i want to know if it is g sync compatible. Thanks Tech people!!

Depends on how the laptop is set up, if the USB-C video is provided from the NVIDIA GPU then yes G-Sync will work, but if it's wired to the Intel integrated graphics (which it is in many laptops) then G-Sync will not work.

I bought a 1440 p Alienware monitor (Idk What monitor exactly) And i use a 2017 razer blade 15 Witch does not have the best i.o... I had many display port cables but could not use them..So i went with HDMI I really wanted to use the g sync and (Special cool stuff lol) So i wanted to use a different cable so i ordered a usb type c to display port cable and i want to know if it is g sync compatible. Thanks Tech people!!

2 minutes ago, Gibbah said:

Depends on how the laptop is set up, if the USB-C video is provided from the NVIDIA GPU then yes G-Sync will work, but if it's wired to the Intel integrated graphics (which it is in many laptops) then G-Sync will not work.