Asus GPU Tweak 2

ChrisLo

Hey!

I've gotten a Asus Rog Strix 2070 OC version and when I looked at the Asus homepage I was recommended this software:

https://www.asus.com/us/site/graphics-cards/gpu-tweak-ii/

after installing it, it automatically starts up in "GAME MODE" and shows a boost clock speed of 1815 Mhz being set by the program.

However the "default" boost clock speed of this card should be 1845 Mhz, which means that the card is slowing my GPU Down a bit (for whatever reason).

But it also has an OC mode, when I click that, it goes to 1830 - still not 1845.
I can manually change some sliders and for example set 1845, but I think it is really awkward that this piece of software lowers the rates from the beginning!

Now I am worried that it also changed something regarding Watts / Voltage.

If I uninstall software like this, will the changes to the cards still be persistent because they are saved ON the card? Or in Windows somehow?
Or will it then automatically run as it is supposed to run from the vendor?

thanks in advance

Nothing is changed on card. If you uninstall software or disable features, it will go back to defaults. Just check clock speeds with some monitoring software without game mode active.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/25/2018 at 11:58 PM, Dissitesuxba11s said:

Default GPU Boost clock of this is 1815 MHz so the GAME mode is correct. 

https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RTX2070-O8G-GAMING/specifications/

But I got the OC version

ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 with powerful cooling for higher refresh rates and VR gaming

13 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Nothing is changed on card. If you uninstall software or disable features, it will go back to defaults. Just check clock speeds with some monitoring software without game mode active.

thank you very much :)

7 minutes ago, Chris235566 said:

But I got the OC version

ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 2070 OC edition 8GB GDDR6 with powerful cooling for higher refresh rates and VR gaming

That is the spec sheet for the OC edition. Click the link, then go to the Overview tab.

6 hours ago, Chris235566 said:

But I got the OC version

5 hours ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

That is the spec sheet for the OC edition. Click the link, then go to the Overview tab.

Technically you are both correct. But it says on spec sheet that in gaming mode, which is default, clock speed is 1815MHz. In OC mode it's 1845MHz. You probably can change the mode somewhere in GPU Tweak settings.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Technically you are both correct. But it says on spec sheet that in gaming mode, which is default, clock speed is 1815MHz. In OC mode it's 1845MHz. You probably can change the mode somewhere in GPU Tweak settings.

Yup, it's as simple as clicking OC mode. OP can also make a manual OC profile that can push the card higher than that.

Source: I've done it on my roommates 1080Ti Strix.

• 2 weeks later...

On 1/4/2019 at 3:02 PM, ChrisLo said:

Well but I purchased the OC version of the card, so from my understanding it should have the 1845MHz by default from the factory?
I mean isn't that why it is named OC and cost more? :P

Seriously, read the actual product info, manual etc. It has two modes. When you run software for the card, it follows whatever programming it's firmware directs to. When not, you have "default" clocks. I admit it's confusing, but nothing really weird either. Like buying supercar with Ecomode active when you start it. It's still supercar, you just need to enable another mode to access that part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv