What is Best GPU for 3 x 32" 1440p @ 144hz

LEN C.
Go to solution Solved by dizmo,

IIRC the 2080Ti beats the Titan, doesn't it? Titan is a waste of money IMO. It's barely better than the 2080Ti, costs more than twice as much.

If you're not doing deep learning or other memory intensive projects, it's really not meant for you.

Welcome to the forum.

Bought these three new monitors and want to be able to play at max settings. Have a GTX 1080 now and the performance is underwhelming. 

With Call of Duty to max out settings I need something like 14gb to 16gb of vram and since my vram is 8gb i have to compromise a lot. 

On one hand dual RTX 2080ti's in SLI would no doubt improve performance but concerned about the vram. Also looking at the Titan RTX with 24gb of vram which would solve the vram issue but not sure if that is the right path.

With all of this in mind is it better to get two 2080ti's or one Titan RTX and why? 

well, if you really want to burn that much money, i would say the titan, because sli is a weird thing...

IIRC the 2080Ti beats the Titan, doesn't it? Titan is a waste of money IMO. It's barely better than the 2080Ti, costs more than twice as much.

If you're not doing deep learning or other memory intensive projects, it's really not meant for you.

Welcome to the forum.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I always wanted triple ultrawide. Then I got a Vive and Rift and threw those ideas out the window (for games).

I was going to set up 3 identical projectors with edge blending software (like warpalizer) to do Simulation (racing/flight) games.

Now certainly if you're playing games (like FPS) that don't support VR, the triple wides may still have a use, but for me once I tried VR I realized the triple wides were (way) more expensive and not going to give nearly the same immersive feeling VR does. You need some beefy cards to hit 120+ FPS across that (triple) resolution.

The biggest variable seems to he the vram from what I can tell from the 11gb to 24gb. If i am going to spend $2,500 i want to get this right the first time. Would the better overall performance be from the dual 2080ti or the 24gb vram from the Titan be more valuable in my application? Why?

47 minutes ago, reubenahmed said:

I always wanted triple ultrawide. Then I got a Vive and Rift and threw those ideas out the window (for games).

I was going to set up 3 identical projectors with edge blending software (like warpalizer) to do Simulation (racing/flight) games.

Now certainly if you're playing games (like FPS) that don't support VR, the triple wides may still have a use, but for me once I tried VR I realized the triple wides were (way) more expensive and not going to give nearly the same immersive feeling VR does. You need some beefy cards to hit 120+ FPS across that (triple) resolution.

Personally, have the triple screens for productivity but want to use them for gaming now as well... why not you know. 

3x 1440p has about 25% more pixels than 3840x2160, so really, the most powerful solution you can buy is going to be better. There isn't any one perfect solution to this question, especially since you want to use max settings (which is silly IMHO). You can either get a single 2080Ti and will likely have to turn settings down on more demanding titles, or get SLI 2080Ti and either have to do manual driver tweaks or deal with games that aren't SLI compatible.

Personally, I would go SLI in this instance. Knowing how to tweak drivers to maximize compatibility helps, and there are more games that are SLI compatible on my end than games that are not. Just remember that SLI does not double your VRAM, even with NVLink (unless you're using NVLink on Quadros).

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H