Transferrin Important Data

Go to solution Solved by krakkpott,
6 minutes ago, butsagington811 said:

Can you guide me on this or maybe send me a link to a video on how to do this please?

i don't want to mess up everything up. i might do it tommorow because im tired and because i wanna get up early to unrap my new GPU i put on my christmas wish list, the only thing i actually put on my list. They only gave us up to 4 items but i just choose for a GPU. 

Depends on what you wanna do (reformat or drive cloning) and what software you wanna use (different drive cloning software has different steps). Just ask uncle Google on what you wanna do and he will automagically guide you to the right path.

I need help. I recently got a Kingston SSD because i wanted to use it for a faster booting for my computer. I also have 2 HDD which are both 500GB.

What i need help on is that how do i transfer important windows files into my new hdd. basically migrating every bit of information from one hdd to another. winthout having me to delete my stuff. one of the hdd is from a crappy computer. One of my hdd is not in the case which is not from my build. Isnt just copy and paste from the folders menu and transfer every folder. would that help? i want to use my ssd to use for faster booting. transfering my files over to a new hdd and including win 10 if possible. im tired of my case being wide open i fell like everything is whack. i just want to know if this is really simple or nor.

You will need to use a drive cloning software. Clonezilla perhaps?

A full reinstallation is better though.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

12 minutes ago, krakkpott said:

You will need to use a drive cloning software. Clonezilla perhaps?

A full reinstallation is better though.

Can you guide me on this or maybe send me a link to a video on how to do this please?

i don't want to mess up everything up. i might do it tommorow because im tired and because i wanna get up early to unrap my new GPU i put on my christmas wish list, the only thing i actually put on my list. They only gave us up to 4 items but i just choose for a GPU. 

6 minutes ago, butsagington811 said:

Depends on what you wanna do (reformat or drive cloning) and what software you wanna use (different drive cloning software has different steps). Just ask uncle Google on what you wanna do and he will automagically guide you to the right path.

Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia Quadro P400 | Gigabyte B550I Aorus Pro AX | Klevv Bolt XR 2x8GB DDR4-3600 CL18

Acer Chromebook C720 @ GalliumOS

3 minutes ago, krakkpott said:

alright thanks

12 hours ago, krakkpott said:

Will i need any other tools? I just want to migrate to another HDD. I see people using a USB but what are they using it for?