1440p, 144hz, 1ms gtg, hdmi 2.0 ?

Go to solution Solved by Glenwing,
1 minute ago, Fingersuvfirenfury said:

So I currently have a 4k 60hz monitor with a HDMI 2.0 input that I use for my Xbox one X which only has a HDMI 2.0 output.

Looking to get a 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor for PC gaming but I want it to have a 2.0 HDMI in case I want to hook the Xbox up to it, but many of the monitors don’t specify the type of HDMI they have and I don’t want to accidentally get one with 1.4. I’ve even looked for an adapter from HDMI 2.0 to DP and the only one I’ve found is 150 bucks and specifies that it will work at 4k 60hz but says nothing about 1440p 144hz. 

To the point, anyone know of or using a monitor that is 1440p 144hz 1ms and has a HDMI 2.0?

AOC AG241QX / AG271QX

BenQ XL2730

BenQ XL2735

Dell S2719DGF

MSI MAG27CQ

Nixeus NX-EDG27

So I currently have a 4k 60hz monitor with a HDMI 2.0 input that I use for my Xbox one X which only has a HDMI 2.0 output.

Looking to get a 1440p 144hz 1ms monitor for PC gaming but I want it to have a 2.0 HDMI in case I want to hook the Xbox up to it, but many of the monitors don’t specify the type of HDMI they have and I don’t want to accidentally get one with 1.4. I’ve even looked for an adapter from HDMI 2.0 to DP and the only one I’ve found is 150 bucks and specifies that it will work at 4k 60hz but says nothing about 1440p 144hz. 

To the point, anyone know of or using a monitor that is 1440p 144hz 1ms and has a HDMI 2.0?

AOC AG241QX / AG271QX

BenQ XL2730

BenQ XL2735

Dell S2719DGF

MSI MAG27CQ

Nixeus NX-EDG27

Thanks for the quick replies! I was going to get the Dell S2716DGR until I realized it had a 1.4 HDMI. So the new question is, is does G sync really make the S2716DGR with only a 1.4 HDMI Worth $200 more than the Dell S2719DGF with the 2.0 and freesync.

Ive never used Gsync or Freesync. Why the price difference? Seems like I was about to make a bad choice on that.

Thanks for the quick replies! I was going to get the Dell S2716DGR until I realized it had a 1.4 HDMI. So the new question is, is does G sync really make the S2716DGR with only a 1.4 HDMI Worth $200 more than the Dell S2719DGF with the 2.0 and freesync.

Ive never used Gsync or Freesync. Why the price difference? Seems like I was about to make a bad choice on that.

All G-Sync monitors are limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. All G-Sync monitors have exactly the same limitation since they are forced to use a proprietary display controller provided by NVIDIA (which is also why G-Sync is expensive; NVIDIA charges a very large fee for their silicon.)

15 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

All G-Sync monitors are limited to 60 Hz over HDMI. All G-Sync monitors have exactly the same limitation since they are forced to use a proprietary display controller provided by NVIDIA (which is also why G-Sync is expensive; NVIDIA charges a very large fee for their silicon.)

Thanks for the info, I learn new stuff everyday.