Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Windows has broken Displayport.

Hagrid911

Go to solution Solved by Hagrid911,
19 minutes ago, Inx said:

Need more information, was the display driver updated?  Windows sometimes does that.  What build of Windows are you on?

Also my build is:

Windows 10

Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.472)

To answer your question. Maybe you have information that could help me?

So guys I woke up this morning after updating windows. I turned on my computer and the display woke up but was unable to show an image over displayport. I switched to HDMI and it worked fine. My friend has also had this issue after updating. Just thought I'd let you all know that it is not your PC. Please post below if you have also had this problem. I'd like to get more data on this.

Need more information, was the display driver updated?  Windows sometimes does that.  What build of Windows are you on?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3GHz       RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB             Keyboard: IBM XT Model F

A Windows update can't physically break a display output, it sounds more like a graphics driver issue. 

Edited by LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 minutes ago, Inx said:

This isn't me asking for help necessarily, I just wanted to know if other people were also having this issue. I'm currently going through the steps to try to fix this such as: updating drivers

2 minutes ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

A Windows update can't physically brake a display output, it sounds more like a graphics driver issue. 

Obviously, I'm just trying to see if others are also having this problem. I believe the cause is the new windows update. It cannot physically break the port but it can stop it from displaying video.

19 minutes ago, Inx said:

Also my build is:

Windows 10

6 minutes ago, Hagrid911 said:

Also my build is:

Windows 10

Lol I answered my own question. 1809 is the latest version not 1803.That was my issue. RIP me

2 hours ago, Hagrid911 said:

This isn't me asking for help necessarily, I just wanted to know if other people were also having this issue. I'm currently going through the steps to try to fix this such as: updating drivers

Obviously, I'm just trying to see if others are also having this problem. I believe the cause is the new windows update. It cannot physically break the port but it can stop it from displaying video.

A Windows update can only break the video output IF it touched your video drivers.  Do you not know what your video driver version is?  What GPU are you using?

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.3GHz       RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB             Keyboard: IBM XT Model F