higher temp than normal GPU

ZeusXI

so i have an EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid, and i can remember when i got it, i put it in my ncase M1, and playing Ark, Star Citizen, Warframe, the Forest, that the temps never got that high. Ark got to about 45C, SC got to low 40s, and warframe was mid to low 30s.

Now, ark hits the mid to low 50s, and warframe like in the past few months has slowly been creeping up there and is mid-uppder 40s which is kinda worrysome that something is going on with my gpu. 

The pump is running, if i listen i can hear it whirling, the fans are working. same fan as day 1. havnt adjusted any fan settings since the fan that it comes with is kinda annoying and is just a 2 pin fan so it runs at max all the time. 

do you think i should email EVGA and see if i can get a replacement? im still within the warranty if worse comes to worse

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

so i have an EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid, and i can remember when i got it, i put it in my ncase M1, and playing Ark, Star Citizen, Warframe, the Forest, that the temps never got that high. Ark got to about 45C, SC got to low 40s, and warframe was mid to low 30s.

Now, ark hits the mid to low 50s, and warframe like in the past few months has slowly been creeping up there and is mid-uppder 40s which is kinda worrysome that something is going on with my gpu. 

The pump is running, if i listen i can hear it whirling, the fans are working. same fan as day 1. havnt adjusted any fan settings since the fan that it comes with is kinda annoying and is just a 2 pin fan so it runs at max all the time. 

do you think i should email EVGA and see if i can get a replacement? im still within the warranty if worse comes to worse

also, leaving any games the GPU cools down very very slowly. just the desktop its 40C and it takes like 10 minutes to get back down to 28C

3 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

You very well may have some airflow or flow issues in your AIO. Are you famliear with any benchmarking software? if so, I have some suggestions

1.) The liquid in an AIO can evaporate

2.) Take the Fan off the Radiator and clean it up.  If the air isn't passing through (think dust, cats, and...you don't know how long you've had it building up dust...my friend took his 980ti Neptune apart and could have thought a cat crawled between the fan and radiator died) than you are not efficiently cooling down the liquid.

3.) Clean your entire PC to ensure that the dust covering the intakes and exhausts are not blocking cold air from entering efficiently, or warm air being removed efficiently.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

10 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

You very well may have some airflow or flow issues in your AIO. Are you famliear with any benchmarking software? if so, I have some suggestions

i have heaven, and valley benchmarks, i also got the firestrike on steam

9 minutes ago, Tristerin said:

1.) The liquid in an AIO can evaporate

2.) Take the Fan off the Radiator and clean it up.  If the air isn't passing through (think dust, cats, and...you don't know how long you've had it building up dust...my friend took his 980ti Neptune apart and could have thought a cat crawled between the fan and radiator died) than you are not efficiently cooling down the liquid.

3.) Clean your entire PC to ensure that the dust covering the intakes and exhausts are not blocking cold air from entering efficiently, or warm air being removed efficiently.

everything is very clean. ive got filters and clean them regularly. no dust in the filters. i shine a light through, and i can see there isnt little to no dust, and if i use a can-of-air, not much came out 

1 minute ago, ZeusXI said:

i have heaven, and valley benchmarks, i also got the firestrike on steam

Run Heaven with the standards of a 1070, then report back here with the results. Its still under warranty as you said so don't worry to much.

11 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

Run Heaven with the standards of a 1070, then report back here with the results. Its still under warranty as you said so don't worry to much.

i do have a 1080p monitor, but i was doing 1600x900 to show that even on low res its still getting hot. 52C was my max. cpu was fine at 40C. but its not the cpu we are worried about here hahasdasd.png.b16aa1e70935abb395646251160ad22e.png

5 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

i do have a 1080p monitor, but i was doing 1600x900 to show that even on low res its still getting hot. 52C was my max. cpu was fine at 40C. but its not the cpu we are worried about here hahasdasd.png.b16aa1e70935abb395646251160ad22e.png

That range between your 1% (lowest possible) and your average fps have me very worried, this could be an issue with the gpu chip itself and not airflow......more research is required, let me get back to you in about 5 minuets and ill have an answer

2 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

Also before I go any further, do you know what DDU is? Its a small software that wipes your graphics drivers clean, run this program, restart pc and reinstall the newest nividia drivers. This sounds silly but this could very be a simple issue like this.
https://www.guru3d.com/.../display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

well ill give it a try. also, i do have 2 bios on my gpu. its got the dual bios on it. Master and Slave. ive never used the 2nd one ever

23 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

Also before I go any further, do you know what DDU is? Its a small software that wipes your graphics drivers clean, run this program, restart pc and reinstall the newest nividia drivers. This sounds silly but this could very be a simple issue like this.
https://www.guru3d.com/.../display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

sooo....i did the DDU, and the temps got higher

Untitled.png

7 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

sooo....i did the DDU, and the temps got higher

Untitled.png

This tells me then that you have either a: a bad thermal paste on your chip or b: you got a faulty card.

I would reach out to evga for a new card, unless you know how to demount your gpu and apply new thermal paste.

21 minutes ago, Blu3Jay said:

This tells me then that you have either a: a bad thermal paste on your chip or b: you got a faulty card.

I would reach out to evga for a new card, unless you know how to demount your gpu and apply new thermal paste.

I know how to demount my gpu, but honestly id rather be safe than sorry if it really is the pump or something like a bad chip like you said. oh well. thanks for helping :)

3 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

I know how to demount my gpu, but honestly id rather be safe than sorry if it really is the pump or something like a bad chip like you said. oh well. thanks for helping :)

I tried my best, sorry I was terrible XD I hope all goes well

Just now, Blu3Jay said:

nah its good. for now until i can figure out the problem/reach out to EVGA, ill just run my gpu at a lower power rate

22 hours ago, Blu3Jay said:

so its been 21 hours about since i got back to tell if anything got fixed, so i opened open the gpu, unmounted the pump, and found out.....there was very little thermal compound on the gpu die iteself. around the gpu on the memory cooler, that had paste all around it. so i added new thermal compound, and im not getting 35-38C in warframe in the Orb vallis (which i believe is the most gpu demanding part of warframe) and have yet now to test other games to see if the temps have lowered. so far though, temps have dropped significantly 

Ark is staying around 40C now. 15C drop is back to normal!