case

hackgod

Will the cooler master hyper 212 evo fit in corsair carbide spec 1

Ps. I have checked the site it is not mentioned

Just now, hackgod said:

Should i upgrade my cooler or case

I have no idea what either of the two you currently have are so I can't give you an opinion

Also, make sure to quote us when you reply so we get notified 

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

I have no idea what either of the two you currently have are so I can't give you an opinion

Also, make sure to quote us when you reply so we get notified 

Wil it fit in spec 2 or 4

3 minutes ago, hackgod said:

Wil it fit in spec 2 or 4

No, the cooler is still too tall. Consider getting a different cooler? Arctic Esports would fit in the spec 01 and will give you better results than the evo.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

4 minutes ago, Slottr said:

No, the cooler is still too tall. Consider getting a different cooler? Arctic Esports would fit in the spec 01 and will give you better results than the evo.

I recently viewed a new case - carbide 500 r . What do you think about it kindly let me know

On 12/19/2018 at 12:32 PM, Slottr said:

No, its 9mm over the max supported cooler height 

The 212 Evo fits in every case mentioned so far. The spec listed on Corsair's website for the case is conservative and doesn't account for the side panel bump. 

Here are some examples: 

Spec-01: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/hmtCmG#e=644

Spec-02: https://pcpartpicker.com/builds/by_part/hmtCmG#e=455

Spec-04: https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Carbide-SPEC-04-Mid-Tower-Gaming/dp/B06XTPNCMM

Despite most reviews stating otherwise, my hyper 212 evo did fit but just barely so.
By XAXA on September 29, 2017

This case DOES fit a Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO cooler 

By Connor Stark on October 24, 2018

On 12/19/2018 at 12:47 PM, hackgod said:

I recently viewed a new case - carbide 500 r . What do you think about it kindly let me know

It's an old design that isn't very space efficient. Why are you looking at Corsair cases in particular? Are you putting an existing system into a new case or planing a new system? 

If it's the latter, I recommend planning the system as a whole in the New Builds and Planning subform after reading this:

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Ah, fair. Based my solution off the Manufacturers limits, didnt think to even check pcpp. 

I have recently bought a Corsair carbide spec 1

I want to install all the 5 fans

What should be the configuration of the top two fans ? 

I will use the front fans as intake 

exhaust

My Rig: CPU: i9-9900k (5Ghz), Ram: 32gigs 3600mhz DDR4 CL16, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus z390 Ultra, HDD: Samsung 970 Evo 500gig x2, Samsung 850 evo 250 gig, 2 TB Baracuda 7200 rpm,6tb WD Black 7200rpm, 4TB NAS, GPU: Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Master

2 hours ago, Livinloud said:

exhaust

I will use an open shrouded GPU

Can it even fit 5 fans?

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

23 minutes ago, lmeneses said:

Can it even fit 5 fans?

Yes

21 hours ago, hackgod said:

Yes

So.........   will using an open shrouded gpu impact my performance 

I will use cm 212 evo

14 hours ago, hackgod said:

So.........   will using an open shrouded gpu impact my performance 

I will use cm 212 evo

Yes, an open air graphics card cooler will exhaust heat into the case instead of out the rear like a blower design. It shouldn't change the cooler choice though. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

7 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Yes, an open air graphics card cooler will exhaust heat into the case instead of out the rear like a blower design. It shouldn't change the cooler choice though. 

Will it impact the performance in a negetive way

3 hours ago, hackgod said:

Will it impact the performance in a negetive way

It could mean slightly higher temps for the cpu and other system components but an open air cooler is generally better than blower for graphics card temps.