Bootable USB Windows 10 on Mac OS X El Captain (Troubleshooting)

Slate_Shadow

I just built a new PC and was excited to install windows, but I only have a MacBook Pro. I downloaded the Windows 10 64-bit ISO file and then erased my USB (16gb) to the format MS-DOS (FAT) and scheme to Master Boot Record. Then I ran Boot Camp with the first two options checked which started burning the ISO file but stopped halfway and said that there was not enough space because the files were too large. Can anyone help me find a method to fix this problem or another way to create a bootable USB on my Mac. Thank you all in advance!

You can go to your school or workplace and install the ISO from a windows machine.

7 minutes ago, Darpyface said:

You can go to your school or workplace and install the ISO from a windows machine.

I'll try that on monday if all else fails but don't school computers have a password you'll need to insert to download anything?

5 minutes ago, Slate_Shadow said:

Does this allow me to download the ISO file without the too large error that appears in boot camp?

It should. 16GB is more than enough. The Boot Camp Assistant creates a bunch of redundant stuff that's meant to be used for Apple hardware usage, and apparently that is incompatible with the October Update ISO in the older macOS versions, according to Apple's own support article: https://support.apple.com/en-mz/HT206202

🙂

10 minutes ago, duncannah said:

It should. 16GB is more than enough.

I downloaded the application and clicked on the windows ISO file and This is what it told me. How do I proceed?

Screen Shot 2018-12-16 at 4.44.23 PM.png

Just now, duncannah said:

Ahhhh, I didn't know about this. Embarrassing. Sorry!

Rufus should be fine.

I started the process anyways, I ignored the warning and will hope for the best. Thanks for the recommendation even if it doesn't work.