Buying GPU on eBay

Tec_Instinct
Go to solution Solved by LukeSavenije,

I can literally get a brand new 1070 ti or vega 64 at that pricepoint. No returns, second hand, slower. Not worth it imo

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GTX-1070-Hybrid-8GB-gaming-FTW/323599622838?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Here's a link to the product, the seller claims he's had it for a year and that its never been overclocked. Looks like these go for around 550+ when new. 

Anyone have any thoughts? The seller doesn't have many reviews, so if something goes wrong will the eBay Money Back Guarantee help me out if there is an issue?

I mean, at least the seller tasted the card first. Wouldn't want it to have any aftertaste :P 

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

5 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I mean, at least the seller tasted the card first. Wouldn't want it to have any aftertaste :P 

Doesn't look like the guy/girl speaks much english from the message exchanges.. Def a little sketch

3 minutes ago, Shyam Ganapathy said:

You can get a 1070 for 330 if you dont mind it not being hybrid. This is brand new btw.

I would prefer a hybrid, and i linked the new product. The one im referring to is the link from the first post

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

550 new for a 1070? This price for a second hand 1070? Get something else

https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-Watercooling-Support-08G-P4-6278-KR/dp/B01KXOHIZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1544999100&sr=8-1&keywords=EVGA+GTX+1070+fTW+Hybrid

Here's a link to the product new. 

Guess im more so worried if it is a fraud or something that im protected via eBay's thing.

Don’t see an issue. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Was it used for Mining and where is the mpn its the serial number i would ask for it then contact Evga for verification just in case

Just now, andyme said:

Was it used for Mining and where is the mpn its the serial number i would ask for it then contact Evga for verification just in case

They claimed it wasn't used for mining, and there are seven of them so maybe they just didn't include them.

Just now, andyme said:

what about this hybrid are a pain because if they break it will cost you more than buying another gpu 

https://pcpartpicker.com/mr/walmart/GGPzK8

Evga will probably cover that inside warrenty. Evga has a great customer service. I am even allowed to use a different cooler, overclock it, and I still keep warrenty

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Evga will probably cover that inside warrenty. Evga has a great customer service. I am even allowed to use a different cooler, overclock it, and I still keep warrenty

Looks like they have a second-hand warranty. Might be something to consider?

3 minutes ago, Tec_Instinct said:

Looks like they have a second-hand warranty. Might be something to consider?

Well, if it was 100 bucks less maybe. Imo this is too much to ask for that card

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

Well, if it was 100 bucks less maybe. Imo this is too much to ask for that card

Fair, thanks for the input!

Just now, Tec_Instinct said:

Fair, thanks for the input!

Take a look into a nice air cooled 1070 ti or vega 64 I would say. Both can be had at this pricepoint, and will have no problem keeping up with 1440p or even some 4k gaming. I can give some feedback if you find anything tomorrow if want me to