Restaurant recommendations in Thunder Bay, Ontario?

brwainer

Work is sending a coworker and myself to Thunder Bay, Ontario for the next week. I’m aware that this is nowhere close to the LTT office, but I thought that maybe there would be some Canadians more local to Thubder Bay on the forum here. So, any local recommendations for restaurants?

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Thunder Bay is really up there in the middle of nowhere xD I'm about 15 hours south in Ontario.

There's, uhm, an Applebees?

On a more serious note, there's a ton of highly reviewed restaurants on Google Maps. There's one called "Man Vs Meat", so you have to try that one out just due to the name alone.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

53 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Thunder Bay is really up there in the middle of nowhere xD I'm about 15 hours south in Ontario.

There's, uhm, an Applebees?

On a more serious note, there's a ton of highly reviewed restaurants on Google Maps. There's one called "Man Vs Meat", so you have to try that one out just due to the name alone.

It’s a big enough city that I’m being sent to do the network install of a brand new 4-star hotel, which in the hospitality industry means it isn’t a nowheresville town - but yeah its a bit out of the way.

I was going to wait on checking google maps et. al. until I arrived, since this is a work trip not a vacation. I’ve put in so much overtime this week just making sure I’ve prepped for this install to go smoothly...

Man Vs Meat sounds like exactly the type of place my coworker and I would try one night.

Looking to buy GTX690, other multi-GPU cards, or single-slot graphics cards: 

Just now, brwainer said:

It’s a big enough city that I’m being sent to do the network install of a brand new 4-star hotel, which in the hospitality industry means it isn’t a nowheresville town - but yeah its a bit out of the way.

It's a bit of a tourist destination since it's kind of the gateway to Northern Ontario (vast nothings, snow, and huge national parks) - it's also really close to both the Manitoba and American (Minnesota) borders. It's actually closer to Winnipeg (capital of Manitoba) and Saint Paul (capital of Minnesota) then it is to the heart of Ontario.

Just now, brwainer said:

I was going to wait on checking google maps et. al. until I arrived, since this is a work trip not a vacation. I’ve put in so much overtime this week just making sure I’ve prepped for this install to go smoothly...

Man Vs Meat sounds like exactly the type of place my coworker and I would try one night.

Let me know how the restaurant is!

Hopefully someone who actually lives in TB (or in the area) can give you some more localized recommendations.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)