Closed Ryzen CPU lever with cpu not flush

Hi,

I'm going to make this short.

So basically my Ryzen 7 CPU wouldn't fit into the socket and when I checked all the pins were straight. Then I tried fitting it in again and it still wouldn't sink into the socket flush. For some reason I pulled the lever down slightly while hearing a weird noise.

As I checked my CPU all pins were still straight but when I placed it back into the socket it would fit in flush!

Did I get lucky and shouldn't I worry or did I break something??

I'm still waiting for some parts so I can't test the system yet.

Any help is appreciated, thank you 

AM4 socket is a so call "zero insertion force" socket, i.e., the processor should just drops in and locks into place by lowering the retention arm.

Considering AM4 is a pin grid array (PGA) socket that's more durable than the land grid array (LGA) socket, if everything does look fine and you did follow the manual to assemble the computer, then you should power it up to see if it posts.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

6 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

AM4 socket is a so call "zero insertion force" socket, i.e., the processor should just drops in and locks into place by lowering the retention arm.

Considering AM4 is a pin grid array (PGA) socket that's more durable than the land grid array (LGA) socket, if everything does look fine and you did follow the manual to assemble the computer, then you should power it up to see if it posts.

Thank you for your reply.

So basically I don't need to worry about it anymore?