Which RAM Upgrade

Vizzaral

Hi all, I'm gonna keep this short and to the point, to minimise the length of the post. RGB doesn't effect me. I'll be setting the RGB to white if I go 16GB.

My Options:

My System:

• 1x 8GB 2400Mhz
  • i9 9900K
  • Gtx 1070 Ti
  • 2TB 970 Evo

My Workload:

• Gaming in 1440p
  • Streaming in 1080p
  • Recording in 1080p
  • Editing 1080p footage
  • I plan to eventually get an RTX 2080 Ti and X27, so all 4 previous workloads will eventually be 4k.

PS - I wan't to get the cheaper option, but don't want bottlenecks. I guess the question is moreso will I see a difference with 3200Mhz and an extra 32GB (I'll be buying another 2 sticks in about a year, since I have 4 slots)

They're all pretty good. Personally I'd use the 2x8Gb 3000Mhz to save 20 bucks in exchange for .2Ghz, and 32Gb seems like just too much to me (but then again you said you'd be going to 4k soon so it might not be)

Specs: CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 3700X @4.4Ghz, GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT, RAM: 32 GB (2x 8GB Trident Z Royal + 2x 8GB TForce Vulkan Z) @3000Mhz, Motherboard: ASRock B550m Steel Legend, Storage: 1x WD Black 1Tb NVMe (boot) + 1x Samsung 860 QVO 1Tb SSD (storage), Case: Thermaltake Core V21, Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

Well, if you go 32 GB, you probably wouldn't have to upgrade for a long time, if ever. 16 gb would get the job done, though. Doing 4k footage, especially if you plan on editing longer videos, would benefit from 32 gb. It all really depends on what you want.