RaspPi: need some help with autostart [Linux]

cluelessgenius
Go to solution Solved by 0x21,
3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

but if you can use sudo commands without a password then that's a pretty major bug..

Default for raspbian is `pi ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL` in sudoers file. This is not a bug.

4 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

so i know nothing of linux and i need a way to start openauto with elevated rights on startup

As user pi:

echo 'sudo ~/openauto/bin/autoapp' >> /home/pi/.bashrc

soo..im trying to build OpenAuto on my pi and so  far so good i finally got it somewhat running when i sudo start it from terminal.

now i wanted to set it to start automatically on startup. ive done so after some googling via LDXE and it does start on startup BUT not as su it looks the same way it does when i start it from terminal manuallly without sudo: no button backgournds nothing works properly.

so i know nothing of linux and i need a way to start openauto with elevated rights on startup

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

do a crontab maybe? Maybe ask on stackexchange for specific programming questions. You get much quicker help there usually.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

well you can't run apps with sudo without a password... so that explains why it won't work. 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

well you can't run apps with sudo without a password... so that explains why it won't work. 

if i wait for the desktop then o into terminal and 

sudo su 

/home/pi/openauto/bin/autoapp

i dont have to enter the password once.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

7 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

if i wait for the desktop then o into terminal and 

sudo su 

/home/pi/openauto/bin/autoapp

i dont have to enter the password once.

you should have to enter it when you use sudo su... 

She/Her

3 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

you should have to enter it when you use sudo su... 

but i dont have to ? idk what to tell you the rasp logs in automatically as pi with password and then i start the terminal and sudo su just works nothing else needed

4 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

but i dont have to ? idk what to tell you the rasp logs in automatically as pi with password and then i start the terminal and sudo su just works nothing else needed

huh.. weird.. maybe because you use the default password.. i would change that anyway.. 

She/Her

6 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

huh.. weird.. maybe because you use the default password.. i would change that anyway.. 

nope have changed it

1 minute ago, cluelessgenius said:

nope have changed it

..........what the hell.

what does it say when you log in to it? root@*hostname*? 

She/Her

19 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

..........what the hell.

what does it say when you log in to it? root@*hostname*? 

cant remember right now. am at work. can check later

anyway isnt it a little besides the  point? 

4 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

anyway isnt it a little besides the  point? 

no. well kinda.. but if you can use sudo commands without a password then that's a pretty major bug.. 

She/Her

3 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

but if you can use sudo commands without a password then that's a pretty major bug..

Default for raspbian is `pi ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL` in sudoers file. This is not a bug.

4 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

As user pi:

echo 'sudo ~/openauto/bin/autoapp' >> /home/pi/.bashrc