1050Ti suddenly under-performing

Go to solution Solved by CharminUltraStrong,

Roll back the driver and re-install a new one. I've had this happen to me before on a 965m on my Alienware 15 R2 and doing this solved my problem. I was getting about 9-10 FPS in DOOM 2k16.

Hi,

I have a Acer Predator Helios 300 with GTX 1050ti. In past month my gpu has started under-performing. In games in which I used to get around 55fps now I am getting 10-13fps (farcry 5).

I monitored using MSI afterburner while bench-marking the game. My GPU temps were around 50C but gpu usage was around 100%. I am trying to avoid to go to service center as my laptop is out of warranty.

Is there anything that I might be missing or is my graphic card is done for? Any suggestions will be useful.

Thanks

Roll back the driver and re-install a new one. I've had this happen to me before on a 965m on my Alienware 15 R2 and doing this solved my problem. I was getting about 9-10 FPS in DOOM 2k16.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor