Sharing files on Network

PEagle

Hi, 

I've been trying to set up a "home network", like the Homegroup there used to be and share files from 2 computers over my home network.

Following several tutorials and videos on internet, I can see both computers on the Network (through file explorer) but as soon as I try to go on one it tells me it cannot access it.

It gives me the following message (sorry, I translate from my native language)

\\Laptop is nt accessible. You might not have permission to use this network ressource. contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

User account restrictions prevent that user from connecting. Possible reasons are unauthorised empty password, connection hours restriction or a restriction strategy has been applied"

Do you have any lead to where I should start looking to get rid of the issue ? 

Thank you very much.

Config

Laptop on wifi

Desktop on cable

Both connected to home router (Box)

I guess you don't have administration over either of the client device's account. Have you made sure both of the homegroup clients have the same administration account?

console.log("way to pro");

54 minutes ago, PatXioPC said:

I guess you don't have administration over either of the client device's account. Have you made sure both of the homegroup clients have the same administration account?

Do you mean that both account should have the same name ? 

This was much simpler before, I don't understand how this got so complicated :(

Is the same simple as before. You do something wrong. Or firewall block connection. Or you have disabled file sharing.