Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really bad fps drops

Wr0ngEnemy_
 Share

So in heroes and generals with my old AMD 5750 i had around 60-70 fps on low but i upgraded to R9 380x Nitro OC and on max settings i have around 70-160 fps and after 5 minutes i have 30-55 can someone explain what the hell is going on? And 1 of my gpu fan started to like ,,scratch" something when 70% fan speed or above

 

PC specs:

GPU: R9 380x Nitro OC

CPU: i5 750 2.66 GHz [ replaced stock cooling with LC-CC-95 ]

RAM: 4x2 [ 8gb 1333 MHz ]

Motherboard: P55M-GD45 [ MSI ]

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

If the FPS drops after several minutes, then maybe you're facing some thermal throttling, maybe.

How to you mean thermal throttling, when i bought new cpu cooler it had thermal paste on it but i cleaner thermal paste off my cpu before i installed my new cooler is it cuz of that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

How to you mean thermal throttling, when i bought new cpu cooler it had thermal paste on it but i cleaner thermal paste off my cpu before i installed my new cooler is it cuz of that?

Did you reapply the thermal paste?

Did you remove the sticker on the cooler before installing it to the CPU?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the CPU, it might be the GPU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lewdicrous said:

Did you reapply the thermal paste?

Did you remove the sticker on the cooler before installing it to the CPU?

It doesn't necessarily have to be the CPU, it might be the GPU

1. I removed thermal paste before i installed cpu cooler because cpu cooler had thermal paste on itself

2. yes i removed sticker

3. my gpu is really good its 100% the cpu and cpu is bottleneck in my pc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

3. my gpu is really good its 100% the cpu and cpu is bottleneck in my pc

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you try running a benchmark while having some kind of temp./performance sensor running as well; to see what's actually going throttling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lewdicrous said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you try running a benchmark while having some kind of temp./performance sensor running as well; to see what's actually going throttling

No i didnt benchmark but i noticed it happens in gta 5 as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

No i didnt benchmark but i noticed it happens in gta 5 as well

That's a start, GTA V is CPU intensive afaik, did you try a GPU intensive game as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lewdicrous said:

That's a start, GTA V is CPU intensive afaik, did you try a GPU intensive game as well?

I was playing sniper elite 4 like all high settings but tessellation and 2 more options off i think ambient occlussion and 1 more i dont remember but i had like fps drops it was before new cpu cooler

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Wr0ngEnemy_ said:

I was playing sniper elite 4 like all high settings but tessellation and 2 more options off i think ambient occlussion and 1 more i dont remember but i had like fps drops it was before new cpu cooler

Then it's probably the high settings..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Then it's probably the high settings..

I switch it to low even resolution 800x600 same thing everything is like the same

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Download a something that would monitor the GPU and CPU temp, something like MSI Afterburner, it comes with rtss or whatever its called. Or you can just get intel xtu to see if you're really thermal throttling by benchmarking it.

Main Computer :
CPU: 
Ryzen 5 2600x (STOCK)
GPU: Evga GTX 1060 3gb (STOCK)
RAM: Geil Potenza 8gb 
SSD/HDD: WD green 120gb SSD/ 1 TB HDD
MOBO: Asus x470-Plus Gaming
PSU: Evga SuperNova 650 P2
Cooling: Antec 120mm liquid cooler

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Esus said:

Download a something that would monitor the GPU and CPU temp, something like MSI Afterburner, it comes with rtss or whatever its called. Or you can just get intel xtu to see if you're really thermal throttling by benchmarking it.

i fixed it my GPU was in bottom slot instead of top one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×