Audio Delay In VirtualBox VM

Computernaut

I recently set up an Ubuntu VM on my laptop using VirtualBox. I did it mostly for testing purposes. After some tuning to system resource allocation the only remaining problem was that the audio was delayed. This makes videos nearly unwatchable since the sound is about a second behind the picture. Is there some magic secret for fixing this or is it just the nature of the beast?

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

what are the settings you put in the virtual vbox manager thing? there is a section of audio, check that

:^)

@Poly LLC Which ones? There are a lot. It has 2 threads, 2 GB of RAM...

What is actually supposed to go here? Some people put their specs, others put random comments or remarks about themselves or others, and there are a few who put cryptic statements.

48 minutes ago, Computernaut said:

@Poly LLC Which ones? There are a lot. It has 2 threads, 2 GB of RAM...

sorry for taking a long time to respond, but try raising everything, and changing all the settings, tweak around too, and check the audio tab in the settings if the controller is ICH, if not, switch to it

:^)

@Poly LLC, I can't raise the RAM since my laptop only has 4 GB and CPU usage is not very high in any circumstances.