Black and White

Just when you think your PC is done, Christmas rolls around and it just says, "No, you have ONE more thing left to do." Indeed I do.

This is not sponsored or anything. Images will be done from my phone so I wish I could get much better footage. This will be done in a multi-part as well.

A very simplistic name came to mind after seeing that the Define R6 I had chosen, was Black and White and the fluid I am using is white. Fittings are all black along with the rads. However, fans coming in are black framed, white blades. I will be using my previous hardware as well. No need to upgrade what I have since there is really nothing out currently that is worth it to upgrade to and the list of everything is down below.

Enjoy this journey with me as I experience my first time with hard line tubing!

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700K
Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7

GPU: EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 ICX

RAM: Cruical Ballistix White 16GB 2400Mhz (may change)

SSD: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
HDD: Seagate Firecuda 2TB

PSU: Corsair CX650M (will be changing)

Case: Fractal Design Define R6

Fans: Phanteks PH-F120MP White, EKWB Vardar EVO PWM, Fractal Design case fan (rear exhaust)
Radiators: EKWB Coolstream SE 240
CPU Block: EKWB EK-Supremacy EVO

GPU Block: EKWB EK-FC1080 GTX Ti FTW3

Pump/Res: EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM

Fittings: Assortment of Bitspower Matte Black fittings
Tubing: Bitspower 12mm PETG Tubing
Fluid: Primochill VUE Sky White SX

UU4ZMAv.jpg

5gW7ykQ.jpg

HAyECrP.jpg

Edited by Brehohn
Forgot to add fluid being used

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

Awesome start! I am in the middle of my first hardline build, check my build log out if you want?...good luck! its worth it in the end.

My current build ↘️⬇️↙️

4 hours ago, OdinSword said:

Awesome start! I am in the middle of my first hardline build, check my build log out if you want?...good luck! its worth it in the end.

Link it up! Good luck to the both of us!

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

4 hours ago, Brehohn said:

Link it up! Good luck to the both of us!

Here is my build, I found that using pipe cleaners really helped visualize my bends, it's pictured in the log. Just put coolant in tonight!

20181211_221540-01.thumb.jpeg.59c65a4cd739310767a01b384c6fec2f.jpeg

My current build ↘️⬇️↙️

• 2 weeks later...

I do apologize for the weak response to my thread. I got very entranced in getting the build fully completed. Usually, I take pictures at most of the steps. However, this was mainly before prefill, prefill, then coolant fill. This was definitely not easy, but, it was definitely fun. I made some mistakes like leaving the plastic on the CPU block (oops) and having to refill twice. Great learning experience though and I can now understand why this is such a difficult thing to do. The tubing is not perfect, but I like the way it is. Seeing the Vue coolant flow through the tubing is amazing. Temps are sitting around 30c for the CPU (OC'd to 4.9Ghz) and GPU is sitting at a chill 27c.

Gotta give a shout out to CableMod though. I love the easy to use and install LED hybrid strip that they make. You don't have to use it in tandem with your board and the remote works extremely well considering that the receiver in behind metal and cables. Colors are vibrant, the UV function can be turned on or off and gives a nice hue to all colors. For $30 or so, totally worth it.

aCz4cmi.jpg

OuomBoB.jpg

P1thCDA.jpg

AmKR4wb.jpg

3 hours ago, LaserLion said:

Beautiful!

Thank you! Definitely nervous throughout the entire process haha.