Need some speakers with BASE!!!!!

Robert Morgan

Hey all,

I just got a nice BLD/NZXT PC with a Ryzen 2700X, 32 GB RAM, and a 2080. Now, I need a nice set of speakers and a subwoofer to go with it. I donated my old HP speakers and woofer awhile back; they were okay, but nothing to write home about. I love my games, but more importantly my music. My current belnd of HP Envy monitor speakers and Roar speakers are nice but I NEED BASE. Play James Horner's "The Launch" on Youtube and you'll understand. Anyway, what do you all recommend? BASE!!!! I don't want to spend more than $200; the PC was costly enough. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0km5ZuXbChI

Many thanks!!!

Bob

10 minutes ago, Robert Morgan said:

Yeah, bass. Sorry!

Having an EQ to mess with helps a lot! I have some old Creative GCS300 speakers which sound mediocre on most systems (are even rated at 120Hz+ freq response) and I got them to sound absolutely stunning with equalizer APO, wish I could pull a bit more out of em but I am happy with the results. I even got an old laptop of mine to sound nice (helped that it had a subwoofer to produce the lows I wanted). Try to look for something that has at least 2-3 inch drivers (or speaker cones, I could very well be mixing something up someone please correct me) to help be able to produce the lows, mine are 2 inch and they get the job done after tuning. Most speakers will do if you are willing to take the time to play with an EQ, just don't cheap out on any lol. Subwoofer in a desktop system I don't find necessary but if its what you like go on ahead, the Logitech Z623 I know are good since I have demoed them and an instructor of mine had those speakers and I thought they sounded wonderful. I hope this helps and that I don't sound insane XD

Main system "Kethlon":

Core i7 3820 - Intel Desktop Board DX79TO - 32GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM Dual channel - EVGA GTX 1050 Ti SSC - EVGA 550 B3 - PNY 120GB SSD (boot),WD Blue 1TB (Mass Storage)

See profile for full specs

Primary Laptop "Vengeance":

HP HDX16 1370US - Intel Core2Duo P8700 - 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM Samsung - HGST 1TB 7200RPM (Windows 7, Linux, MacOS 10.11.6) - Nvidia GT 130M 1GB DDR2

Downed Laptop "Xarasky":

MacBookPro3,1 - Core2Duo T7700 - 4GB DDR2 RAM 667MHz - Nvidia 8600M GT 256MB VRAM - 640GB HDD (MacOS and Windows)

Testing laptop #1 "Leonard":

HP 15 F387WM - AMD A8 7410 APU - 8GB DDR3 Samsung RAM 1600MHz - AMD Radeon R5 graphics (1GB VRAM partitioned out of physical RAM) - 500GB WD Blue mobile drive

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 6:41 AM, Robert Morgan said:

Hey all,

I just got a nice BLD/NZXT PC with a Ryzen 2700X, 32 GB RAM, and a 2080. Now, I need a nice set of speakers and a subwoofer to go with it. I donated my old HP speakers and woofer awhile back; they were okay, but nothing to write home about. I love my games, but more importantly my music. My current belnd of HP Envy monitor speakers and Roar speakers are nice but I NEED BASE. Play James Horner's "The Launch" on Youtube and you'll understand. Anyway, what do you all recommend? BASE!!!! I don't want to spend more than $200; the PC was costly enough. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0km5ZuXbChI

Many thanks!!!

Bob

1st: Thanks for making my subwoofer's go nuts. 2nd: Have a look at logitech z623, or z2300 if you can find any. Decent enough quality for the price :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)