Hi all, I’m currently running a system with the following specs:

Intel core i5 2300

GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Acer Aspire stock motherboard (m3970)

12GB DDR3 1333MHZ Ram

120GB KINGSTON SSD

1TB HDD

300W PSU

In the new year i want to put some money into completely rebuilding my system so I can play more games and actually enjoy using it, so the following spec list is what I plan on upgrading to, any recommendations would be helpful (my budget is around £600)

- AMD RYZEN 5 2600

- Arctic Freezer 33 CPU Heatsink+Fan

- 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8GB)

- Gigabyte G450M MOBO

- 1TB Crucial SSD

- GTX 1050Ti 4GB (keeping GPU)

- Corsair 450W 80+ Bronze PSU

I decided to move over to AMD because of how affordable their CPU’s are for the performance you get. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Edited by DEZIQN KILLER

With the recent leaks I would wait to see how Zen 2 (Ryzen 3XXX) is when it launches. It is looking to be a substantial upgrade and should be announced next month if I understand correctly.

Get a PRO4 motherboard or tomahawk board instead.

Get 3000/3200mhz memmory

Get a cx550 (2017) PSU insead.

Drop heatsink to afford the extras. 

Save some money, remove the cooler. The stock cooler is enough to handle an overclock as well. 

With that saved money, get like 10 extra bucks and purchase a 2TB harddrive. You don't want to eat at your 1TB SSD so quickly! 

Which model Corsair PSU is it? Don't tell me it's a VS version. I'd opt for a CXM550/Seasonic/EVGA 

3000Mhz RAM and OC it (or just leave it as it), or get a 3200 without RGB (RGB kicks prices so high)

8 minutes ago, DVA said:

Save some money, remove the cooler. The stock cooler is enough to handle an overclock as well. 

With that saved money, get like 10 extra bucks and purchase a 2TB harddrive. You don't want to eat at your 1TB SSD so quickly! 

Which model Corsair PSU is it? Don't tell me it's a VS version. I'd opt for a CXM550/Seasonic/EVGA 

3000Mhz RAM and OC it (or just leave it as it), or get a 3200 without RGB (RGB kicks prices so high)

and even then watch out for the right psu. some seasonic and evga psu's are horrible. What is your exact budget for your build?

7 hours ago, DEZIQN KILLER said:

- AMD RYZEN 5 2600

- Arctic Freezer 33 CPU Heatsink+Fan

- 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ Corsair Vengeance RAM (2x8GB)

- Gigabyte G450M MOBO

- 1TB Crucial SSD

- GTX 1050Ti 4GB (keeping GPU)

- Corsair 450W 80+ Bronze PSU

I decided to move over to AMD because of how affordable their CPU’s are for the performance you get. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

I recommend faster RAM memories, minimum 3000Mhz, to use with R5 2600. If you wait for the output of Ryzen 3000 (within one or two months) it is possible to obtain better prices of the current generation, which would help to obtain better motherboard or better cpu for example.

6 hours ago, DVA said:

Would it be worth pushing my for 2TB SSHD?

2 hours ago, tonymc said:

I recommend faster RAM memories, minimum 3000Mhz, to use with R5 2600. If you wait for the output of Ryzen 3000 (within one or two months) it is possible to obtain better prices of the current generation, which would help to obtain better motherboard or better cpu for example.

At the moment, a 2600 will do what I need it to, no point pouring money into something I won’t take full use of. And I probably won’t upgrade until end of January/February.