New powerbank is slow charging my S8

Buyingbf_

My new Ubiolabs Form 10/PWB1071 10,000 mAh power bank is charging my S8 excruciating slow. I've used 4 different cables which all work properly with both my fast chargers. One is my stock USB-C cable, one is the USB-C cable that came with the power bank, and two are my old micro-USB cables that I used the USB-C adapter with.

I've been consistently receiving the 'slow charging' notification on every cable. Using the Ampere app, I'm pulling as little as 10mA to about 300mA from my power bank. The same cables plugged into my fast chargers they pull the usual ~1000-2000 mA. My S8 is currently sitting at about a 60% charge. I know that my power bank does not support any type of quick charging technology, but I've used my old power banks that had no QC and they worked fine, drawing about 1000mA. However, on my old banks Android reports that it is cable charging. No type of notification with my new bank.

PWB1071: 5V / 2.4A output on both USB-C and USB-A

Old no-name powerbank: 5V / 2.4A on USB-A

My fast chargers that plug into the wall sockets can charge my phone fully.

Okay so it is not a battery optimization error, I doubt it would be the port on your powerbank, as those take a while to fail, do you have anything else you can try charging it on to see if the problem is isolated to your phone/powerbank

5 minutes ago, barondeau said:

Okay so it is not a battery optimization error, I doubt it would be the port on your powerbank, as those take a while to fail, do you have anything else you can try charging it on to see if the problem is isolated to your phone/powerbank

My dad conveniently also has the same power bank as me. Same cables, same problems.

Tried with my Chromecast power brick, 5V / 1A. 1000mA max pull.

I also forgot to mention that I tried a USB-C to USB-C cable and my phone reported that it was charging the power bank. I'm taking that as a grain of salt since that cable came with my audio interface and it may be mainly for data transport. I don't have any other USB-C cables on me.

I'm thinking it might be a communication issue, since every charger I used reports 'cable charging' for regular charging and 'fast charging' for fast charging. My Ubiolabs power bank reports neither and just gives me a slow charging notification. 

Usually the powerbanks have a charging port and an output port you maybe plugging into the wrong port

Just now, barondeau said:

Usually the powerbanks have a charging port and an output port you maybe plugging into the wrong port

My power bank only has charging input through the USB-C port. Both USB-C and USB-A can be used for output at 5V / 2.4A.

You have the same product as your dad and the same problem.   The powerbank is the problem.

I've had extremely good luck with Anker, and they're usually very competitively priced.  Well, if you buy from Amazon.