I've been looking at building a PC for content creation, manly for video and picture editing) as well as light gaming.

I was just wondering what is the best way to allocate the budget. Whether spending more on a CPU over a GPU or putting more into the storage and RAM.

Welcome to the forum! Please follow this format in the future.

To answer your question; it depends. Likely it would be something like allocating equal amount of budget into your CPU and GPU and memory and storage strictly depends on your workload. But if you follow that format then someone here will be able to help you better.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

1 minute ago, Chillzasocial said:

I've been looking at building a PC for content creation, manly for video and picture editing) as well as light gaming.

I was just wondering what is the best way to allocate the budget. Whether spending more on a CPU over a GPU or putting more into the storage and RAM.

At least 6 cores, 16 Gb of memory, 256 Gb good SSD as the primary and some extra storage. 1050 Ti/1060 is all that's needed for GPU acceleration tasks. Rest is down to how much budget you have.

22 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Can I ask about what's the budget?

Around $1000

23 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

At least 6 cores, 16 Gb of memory, 256 Gb good SSD as the primary and some extra storage. 1050 Ti/1060 is all that's needed for GPU acceleration tasks. Rest is down to how much budget you have.

Is that strictly a latest generation 6 core? Are you saying a 6 core with a high clock speed or is that not so important? 

Is that strictly a latest generation 6 core? Are you saying a 6 core with a high clock speed or is that not so important? 

depens on the application. some favor higher clocks. I'll make something for you in pcpp. back soon

6 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Woah! I don't know if its my English pessimism but I wasn't expecting this forum to be so helpful.

Thank you for your time kind sir.   

Woah! I don't know if its my English pessimism but I wasn't expecting this forum to be so helpful.

What type of monitor do you have?

2 minutes ago, Chillzasocial said:

well. I get bored sometimes. that's why I'm here. it's like 5 minutes of work for me now. because after a couple thousend (not kidding) times you know what to look for

1 minute ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's always safe to assume the Internet isn't helpful, until you run into a place that is.

Or people that are of course. I don't think those advertisers around here are helpful