Gaming pc component upgrades

wirelessname

What do you guys recommend to upgrade when the time comes? Now the pc has a ryzen 2600, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, asus ex a320 mobo. Was planning to get a new mobo/processor bundle, intel this time though. Gtx 1060 is going to switch for the 1080 most likely. 

2600 is a great processor for gaming.

What resolution are you playing at?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2600 is still great. and amd is going to support the socket untill 2020, so if you feel like a upgrade is needed, it's probebly the gpu most of the times. but a new amd mobo and a good cooler to overclock wouldn't hurt if you have some money left

28 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What resolution are you playing at?

Not only this, how many Hz is your current monitor? Your RAM is perfectly fine for the next decade. As @Slottr already mentioned, your CPU is great for gaming. Is your cooler the stock Ryzen cooler? A new B450 mobo and a better cooler would be a great start so you can overclock that CPU past 3.7-3.8 GHz your stock cooler would limit your OC to. Your GPU is fine unless you plan to game in 4k or 1440p with much higher framerates than just 60 fps.

2 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Not only this, how many Hz is your current monitor? Your RAM is perfectly fine for the next decade. As @Slottr already mentioned, your CPU is great for gaming. Is your cooler the stock Ryzen cooler? A new B450 mobo and a better cooler would be a great start so you can overclock that CPU past 3.7-3.8 GHz your stock cooler would limit your OC to.

or even a good x370 or x470, so he can do more with the zen 2 chips down the line

3 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

or even a good x370 or x470, so he can do more with the zen 2 chips down the line

Very true, but they're not on sale as often(or should I say as cheap) as B450's are. There's a decent deal right now on an MSI x370 for $79.99. Just make sure to put that $20.00 towards something else on Newegg since you have to mail in just to get the $20.00 rebate. 

Just now, A Random Dude said:

Very true, but they're not on sale as much as B450's are. There's a decent deal right now on an MSI x370 for $79.99. Just make sure to put that $20.00 towards something else on Newegg since you have to mail in just to get the $20.00 rebate. 

not a big fan of the 300 series msi. imo you should skip those

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

not a big fan of the 300 series msi. imo you should skip those

Maybe, I just like how aesthetically pleasing they are. Plus I just like MSI. Been using my MSI B150 mobo for years without any issues.

5 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Maybe, I just like how aesthetically pleasing they are. Plus I just like MSI. Been using my MSI B150 mobo for years without any issues.

yeah. I have one too. love it. but the 300 series for msi were just kinda unlucky for them this time. They did something horribly wrong (not sure what it was). that's probebly why they are so cheap. x470 fatal1ty is 115 bucks after rebate, that one is better imo

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

115 bucks after rebate

Well there's why right there. I'd never pay such a price for a mobo, but that's just me. $40.00-$80.00 is my personal limit. $50.00-$60.00 is the ideal price I would be paying.

Well there's why right there. I'd never pay such a price for a mobo, but that's just me. $40.00-$80.00 is my personal limit. $50.00-$60.00 is the ideal price I would be paying.

well, I paid 210 euro's for mine, so yeah...

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

well, I paid 210 euro's for mine, so yeah...

Good lord, you could buy a brand new GPU for that price. Unless this $210 mobo overclocks my CPU to 6.0 GHz, it ain't happenin'.

1 minute ago, A Random Dude said:

Good lord, you could buy a brand new GPU for that price. Unless this $210 mobo overclocks my CPU to 6.0 GHz, it ain't happenin'.

well, say hello to dutch pricing I would say. I paid 530 bucks for my 1070 ti 5 months ago

10 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

I paid 530 bucks

In euros or US dollars? I paid $290 US dollars for my brand new and still sealed 1070 around the same time.

In euros or US dollars? I paid $290 US dollars for my 1070 around the same time.

Euros

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Euros

$600 for a brand new 1070 ti? That's insane. It's $360-$380 for a 1070 ti brand new right now at Newegg. Probably at least under $300 for a brand new 1070 ti on eBay when you play your cards right.

6 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

$600 for a brand new 1070 ti? That's insane. It's $360-$380 for a 1070 ti brand new right now at Newegg. Probably at least under $300 for a brand new 1070 ti on eBay when you play your cards right.

Well, add vat and shipping and it will still be around 400 bucks. About the price they go for here rn.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

Well, add vat and shipping and it will still be around 400 bucks.

No, that's without additional shipping prices. No clue what vat is.

1 minute ago, A Random Dude said:

No, that's without additional shipping prices. No clue what vat is.

Vat is a tax I have to pay when buying something outside of the European union. It's mostly to protect the market

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Vat is a tax I have to pay when buying something outside of the European union. It's mostly to protect the market

Weird. You don't have to pay anything like that here. Tax maybe, but nothing else. No tax on eBay though.