Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Will this build work?

eliott119

I'm upgrading my PC from way back, I'm reusing the PSU and GPU from it which I've added onto the list but everything else I'll be buying new. Will everything be compatible with no issues? Many thanks for your help! :)

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/YrT7Hh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H100i RGB PLATINUM 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Kingston - A400 120 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
Case: Corsair - Crystal 280X RGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - CX 600 W Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply 

PC part picker has a feature where it will do a compatibility check and alert you if any items on your list are incompatible. It looks like it should all work to me.

only the tips

- You can get a 2600 for 10$ more

- Do you really need an H100i?

- Try for at least a 250gb SSD, 120GB's will run out very quick

- Add a hard drive for mass storage

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, waterjug said:

PC part picker has a feature where it will do a compatibility check and alert you if any items on your list are incompatible. It looks like it should all work to me.

Yeah I saw but I guess I wasn't entirely sure if I trusted it completely haha. Thought I'd come here for clarification, many thanks

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

- You can get a 2600 for 10$ more

- Do you really need an H100i?

- Try for at least a 250gb SSD, 120GB's will run out very quick

- Add a hard drive for mass storage

- Damn I had no idea! Put this together ages ago so I hadn't come across that, will definitely get the 2600 - thank you!

- Well it isn't that I need it whatsoever if I'm being honest, just after RBG loveliness and I've always wanted the block to sit over the CPU instead of an air cooler

- Again, thank you. 250gb is only £10-15 more vs a 120gb so I'll upgrade that

- Already have one, left that off of the list

Anything else you can see that's glaring out at you? Would appreciate any advice :)

15 minutes ago, eliott119 said:

- Damn I had no idea! Put this together ages ago so I hadn't come across that, will definitely get the 2600 - thank you!

- Well it isn't that I need it whatsoever if I'm being honest, just after RBG loveliness and I've always wanted the block to sit over the CPU instead of an air cooler

- Again, thank you. 250gb is only £10-15 more vs a 120gb so I'll upgrade that

- Already have one, left that off of the list

Anything else you can see that's glaring out at you? Would appreciate any advice :)

Id maybe get a better motherboard, considering you'll have the equipment to overclock you might as well, and a better motherboard will help.

Don't be daunted by it either, I was too. Its super easy.

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

Id maybe get a better motherboard, considering you'll have the equipment to overclock you might as well, and a better motherboard will help.

Don't be daunted by it either, I was too. Its super easy.

Just posted on the MB section about that, because when I changed the 1600 to 2600, the partpicker website said I might have to go through the BIOS update bullshit since the one I chose is a B350 board. Would like to avoid that at all costs which I believe means I'm after a B450 board, any advice on good options for as cheap as possible?

7 minutes ago, eliott119 said:

Just posted on the MB section about that, because when I changed the 1600 to 2600, the partpicker website said I might have to go through the BIOS update bullshit since the one I chose is a B350 board. Would like to avoid that at all costs which I believe means I'm after a B450 board, any advice on good options for as cheap as possible?

B350 boards should have updated bios' by now. Though I understand. 

ASrock pro 4 b450m board is fairly decent, though if you can, shoot for the B450 Mortar from MSI. It has great VRMs for overclocking.

Right, d'you think I'd be fine with the original B350 one that's on my build then? Because the B450 boards are a good £15-25 more which might be a bit too much since I've added in the additional £30 into upgrading to the 2600 and 250gb SSD 

you can get RGB without skimping on the rest of the components:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£145.99 @ Aria PC) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML240L RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (£58.99 @ AWD-IT) 
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M PRO4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£71.25 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£130.79 @ Aria PC) 
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£61.19 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Twin Frozr V Video Card 
Case: Fractal Design - Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£76.97 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 CM 500 W 80+ Silver Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£58.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Other: Phanteks RGB LED 4 Pin Adapter, Specified for Phanteks Cases with RGB  (£4.96 @ Amazon UK) 
Other: Phanteks PH-FF120RGBP Halos RGB Fan Frame – High density LEDs, RGB,  (£9.95 @ AWD-IT) 
Other: Phanteks PH-FF120RGBP Halos RGB Fan Frame – High density LEDs, RGB,  (£9.95 @ AWD-IT) 
Total: £638.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-09 02:43 GMT+0000

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W