Can anyone help me to add a SSL to a website on AWS?

I am a graduate student at San jose state university and i am working on this project where i have to add a SSL on my website and i have tried every method available to validate it but i am still not able to do it . Does anyone know how to do that?

On 12/8/2018 at 1:31 PM, Mayank Dhingra said:

I am a graduate student at San jose state university and i am working on this project where i have to add a SSL on my website and i have tried every method available to validate it but i am still not able to do it . Does anyone know how to do that?

What type of SSL are you installing? Is this a server that points to an A record or a site that already have A record set?

You can use Let's Encrypt for this. unless a specific certificate is required.

I'm not as sure how to do it with EC2 but I got mine set up with Cloudfront and S3

You need an admin account at the domain you're using (webmaster@<<Domain Here>> / admin@<<Domain Here>>) 

Then via certificate manager you can request a certificate for that domain and it will send a confirmation email to that domain's admin

Once it's confirmed you can create a cloudfront distribution and select your certificate under Custom SSL ( I believe you can request the one you just created with the "Request or Import a Certificate with ACM" button)

I'm kinda rusty with the domain name stuff but I think you set up a CNAME that points at your physical website (Whether that's EC2 or S3 hosted) and then you have an NS record and 3 other CNAMEs that point to your cloudfront distribution.

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/GettingStarted.html#GettingStartedSignup