Desktop CPU in a laptop - Sager/Clevo

Many of you do not know that there is a manufacturer that makes truly mobile desktop replacement systems.  Several models have Desktop CPUs in them and can handle up to 64 GB of RAM inside.  I first started using them around 2010.  I had bought a top-of-the-line Asus i7 laptop that I constantly had to send back on RMA because of one failure or another.  During a 6 week wait for my laptop to come back, I got fed up and started to look around for another system and stumbled onto Clevo.  I have not bought another brand of laptop since.

My last laptop (before it was stolen in a home burglary) had a i7-7700k, 64GB of RAM, 1080 video, 2x 2TB Seagate Firecuda and 2x 512GB Samsung Pro m.2 PCIe SSDs in it.  That thing was fast just looking at it.  I miss it.  I wish I could afford a replacement but I cannot.  Anyhow, if you have the means to consider getting one, I highly recommend them.  They are truly amazing beasts.  I believe the current lineup can handle i9-9900k CPUs and previous generation systems were able to do SLI. 

Ah, you'll find a similar manufacturer in system76. Though their business is primarily Linux (all their devices ship with their custom Ubuntu-based distribution Pop!_OS) they ship high quality beasts with desktop components that are fully customizable at checkout. Always wanted one, maybe one day.

My profile picure is real. That's what I look like in real life. I'm actually a blue and white African Wild Dog.

Ryzen 9 5900X - MSI Ventus 2x OC 3060 Ti - 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax

EVGA CLC 280 + 2x140mm NF-A14 - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + WD Black SN750 1TB - Windows 11/10 - EVGA Supernova G3 1000W

1 hour ago, ZDevilInside said:

Many of you do not know that there is a manufacturer that makes truly mobile desktop replacement systems

I know. Will be reviewing the NB50TK1 soon

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128