GPU recommendations

cMiel

Hi all, I was just wondering what GPU I should get for my gaming/workstation PC for work/school/etc. I have heard a LOT of bad things about RTX, so I'm kind of divided, more so when the RTX Titan leaks started showing up. What should I do?

well, rtx is a bit fixed since the new bf5 update. but why not a quadro if you're working on it?

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

well, rtx is a bit fixed since the new bf5 update. but why not a quadro if you're working on it?

I know RT was fixed and all, it just seems to me that Titan is the best mix of gaming/work imo.

Some information on your budget could go a long way

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

I think he wants to game as well

3 minutes ago, cMiel said:

Hi all, I was just wondering what GPU I should get for my gaming/workstation PC for work/school/etc. I have heard a LOT of bad things about RTX, so I'm kind of divided, more so when the RTX Titan leaks started showing up. What should I do?

Need to know budget to recommend one :D

1 minute ago, Happycowdance said:

I think he wants to game as well

Need to know budget to recommend one :D

Budget is 9K

Just now, cMiel said:

Budget is 9K

9k? get two cards. a quadro and a rtx card. if you want to burn some money at least.

9k? get two cards. a quadro and a rtx card. if you want to burn some money at least.

Why would I benefit from 2 cards? SLI doesn't scale up as much as it used to anymore.

Why would I benefit from 2 cards? SLI doesn't scale up as much as it used to anymore.

It can't even use sli on two different cards. but a quadro for work and a rtx card to game. you can just plug over your monitor and you should be fine

One card for CAD / workstation use one card for gaming.

Honestly, I'd go with a 1080TI - after that, you've got harsh diminishing returns.

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

3 minutes ago, Imbellis said:

Honestly, I'd go with a 1080TI - after that, you've got harsh diminishing returns.

or 2080 as 1080 ti's are not produced anymore

Alright, seems to work... I think. Thanks guys. I can finally be the gamer girl that I need to b XD

Just now, cMiel said:

Alright, seems to work... I think. Thanks guys. I can finally be the gamer girl that I need to b XD

no problem. Have fun with that much money. buy a new car while you at it?

38 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

no problem. Have fun with that much money. buy a new car while you at it?

Lol I'll try. Engineering money is fun to play with lol

Just now, cMiel said:

Lol I'll try. Engineering money is fun to play with lol

wish I had that much. It's more than I ever spend on electronics (and that says a lot)