What 9900K cooler?

Shiniontv

Hey everyone

So I am going no buy an air cooler if I decide to buy an I9 9900K, and I want to know which air cooler is good.

I am considering Dark Rock PRO 4, is it a good choice?

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

6 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

Hey everyone

So I am going no buy an air cooler if I decide to buy an I9 9900K, and I want to know which air cooler is good.

I am considering Dark Rock PRO 4, is it a good choice?

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

Why not go with a 9700k or 9600k? The 9900k is way over priced right now and I doubt it's a necessity. 

If you are certain than the Dark Rock Pro4 should get the job done, but that chip runs hot. 

The Noctua NH-D15 is also very good. I'd honestly consider a high end AIO for the 9900k. A 280mm AIO, 360 if your case allows it. 

DRP4 is a great cooler. Assuming you want to OC, look at that one and the D15

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Thermalright LGM

ideally a 360mm custom loop

For 9900k, DRP4 would be good. But if you plan on doing high overclocking, I would even go 360mm push-pull AIO.

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

9 hours ago, DVA said:

Why not go with a 9700k or 9600k? The 9900k is way over priced right now and I doubt it's a necessity. 

If you are certain than the Dark Rock Pro4 should get the job done, but that chip runs hot. 

The Noctua NH-D15 is also very good. I'd honestly consider a high end AIO for the 9900k. A 280mm AIO, 360 if your case allows it. 

My dad might pay some of the prices for the chip, so I want one that is good for what I am doing