The Nuke Script Help Please

ChaseB
Go to solution Solved by homeap5,

Use ramdisk. And separate browser that uses ramdisk as cache drive. Also - save all files to ramdisk that you want to destroy at the end of the day.

Hey Guys,

I am working at an IT Job. I have my own desktop computer and my own desk. It is so nice. While I use my computer for work, I also have my personal accounts and some personal files on this computer. If I ever leave this job, I would like to leave in 30 seconds. That means bag packed, stuff gone and my pc wiped. I want it to look like I was never here. I am trying to find a way where I can "nuke" my computer. I want to erase the computer. I use windows 10 and I know you can restore in the settings but I would like to have it done quickly. I would prefer to have the hard drive get erased, no windows to be found.

I am looking for options and recommendations.

Chase B

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

Erasing HDD takes time. There is no secure way to destroy data fast without destroying the drive.

If you want fast, use thermite.....

Data can be recovered from a hard drive unless you physically destroy it completely. 

CPU i7 8700k MB  Asrock Z370 Killer SLI/ac GPU EVGA GTX1060 6 GB RAM 16GB DDR4 Gskill Ripjaw 3200 Mhz PSU EVGA SuperNova 750 G1+Storage 1x1TB WD Blue + 250GB WD Blue M.2 CASE Fractal design define C

5 minutes ago, Rusted said:

Erasing HDD takes time. There is no secure way to destroy data fast without destroying the drive.

If you want fast, use thermite.....

Maybey not 30 seconds.  I just want Windows erased

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

2 minutes ago, Rex_G said:

Data can be recovered from a hard drive unless you physically destroy it completely. 

It would be harder to do that than if it was just out in the open. You know. 

Chase B

If you have files and are doing something that you don't want the IT department to recover, maybe reconsider your personal activities at work on business equipment. If you decide to persist, buy an external SSD to boot into the linux distro of your choice. When you leave, take the drive with you. I'm sure your IT department would appreciate you NOT nuking their drive.

As far as what to do with the drive now, there are a few utilities you could use to securely erase your files. Even windows has tool called cipher you can use in powershell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/cipher

The command you would use AFTER deleting your personal files would be "cipher /w:#:" noting that you replace the "#"  with the drive letter of the drive in question.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Razor Blade said:

If you have files and are doing something that you don't want the IT department to recover, maybe reconsider your personal activities at work on business equipment. If you decide to persist, buy an external SSD to boot into the linux distro of your choice. When you leave, take the drive with you. I'm sure your IT department would appreciate you NOT nuking their drive.

As far as what to do with the drive now, there are a few utilities you could use to securely erase your files. Even windows has tool called cipher you can use in powershell.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/cipher

The command you would use AFTER deleting your personal files would be "cipher /w:#:" noting that you replace the "#"  with the drive letter of the drive in question.

I am not doing anything bad but I have my FB, Emails and such. That is all. 

Chase B

Use ramdisk. And separate browser that uses ramdisk as cache drive. Also - save all files to ramdisk that you want to destroy at the end of the day.