Can't get 2 Acer GN276HL at 144hz

SergentRoux

Hello,

So i have this problem that i have been trying to solve for a long time now. I have 2 Acer GN276HL and i would like to have them both at 144Hz. Both are connected to my asus strix GTX1080ti. Unfortunately, this card only has 1 DVI-D port so i can't connect both monitors with DVI. The thing is the monitor doesn't have any DisplayPort, so i have 1 monitor connected via DVI-D at 144hz and the second connected via HDMI but at 60hz. I have tried to connect it with an HDMI 2.0 cable but it still didn't work at 144hz. At this point, I assumed that this monitor does not support 144hz via HDMI. I have tried a DVI-D splitter and a DisplayPort to DVI-D adapter but both didn't work.

So here is my question:

Is there an  adapter or HDMI cable that you know works at 144hz that could solve my problem?

Thank you for your time,

SergentRoux

* please note that my english isn't perfect since i'm a french canadien *

36 minutes ago, SergentRoux said:

Hello,

So i have this problem that i have been trying to solve for a long time now. I have 2 Acer GN276HL and i would like to have them both at 144Hz. Both are connected to my asus strix GTX1080ti. Unfortunately, this card only has 1 DVI-D port so i can't connect both monitors with DVI. The thing is the monitor doesn't have any DisplayPort, so i have 1 monitor connected via DVI-D at 144hz and the second connected via HDMI but at 60hz. I have tried to connect it with an HDMI 2.0 cable but it still didn't work at 144hz. At this point, I assumed that this monitor does not support 144hz via HDMI. I have tried a DVI-D splitter and a DisplayPort to DVI-D adapter but both didn't work.

So here is my question:

Is there an  adapter or HDMI cable that you know works at 144hz that could solve my problem?

Thank you for your time,

SergentRoux

* please note that my english isn't perfect since i'm a french canadien *

You must use a DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI active adapter, which is much more expensive than a normal adapter (around $100).

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, SergentRoux said:

Unfortunately no, that adapter does not work properly with the Acer monitors. You need this type: https://www.amazon.ca/Accell-B087B-007B-DisplayPort-Dual-Link-Adapter/dp/B00856WJH8/

Like I said, they're around $100.

Is it the 3D part that causes problem with the other one? Also, I see that it caps at 120Hz but not 144. I guess i can live with that though.

20 minutes ago, SergentRoux said:

Is it the 3D part that causes problem with the other one? Also, I see that it caps at 120Hz but not 144. I guess i can live with that though.

Not sure why the VisionTek adapter doesn't work with the Acers, but it just doesn't. Anything above 60 Hz gets an error message on the screen.