Motherboard Resets Before Booting

CheeseburgerChad

Hello Guys,

I'm experiencing a sort of interesting "issue". Basically this is what happens:

1. PC is off.

2. I press the power button on my case, the fans turn on as if the computer were going to boot.

3. After about 3-4 seconds without any video output, my system shuts off automatically.

4. The system turns back on after a second or two. This On/Off cycle typically repeats up to 2 times.

5. My system boots normally and works perfectly without issue even stress tested at full load for extended periods of time. Benchmarks are on par with similar systems.

I should note that this only seems to happen about 40-50% of the time that I go to turn my computer on. While it hasn't really caused any functionality issues once the computer boots, I just wanted to check if this is a behavior that I should be worried about or not, and if so what my next steps for troubleshooting should be. I have already determined that clearing the CMOS does not make a difference. I will also list my specs below.

Specs:

Gigabyte GA-H170-Gaming 3

EVGA 600W PSU

i7-6700k (stock)

MSI GTX 1070 Ti (stock)

Samsung 960 Evo 250gb M.2 SSD

1TB HDD

2x8gb G.Skill DDR4 2133MHz

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...

Reseat the RAM, GPU and any power cables. Loose connections can cause instability issues down the line, so it would be advisable to iron out a small issue like this before the system crashes at an inopportune time.

On 12/6/2018 at 3:22 AM, LunaP0n3 said:

Reseat the RAM, GPU and any power cables. Loose connections can cause instability issues down the line, so it would be advisable to iron out a small issue like this before the system crashes at an inopportune time.

Thanks for the advice, but I don't believe this is due to a loose connection, as I feel like then the pc would shut off at random other than when I just boot it up, no?

Meh some build specs...

Meh some inspirational quote meh...