Weird CPUs

I have an AMD FX 870K Quad Core Processor! I called AMD to verify what it is and they said it is one of their CPUs but could not tell me anything about it. I will run the game THE CREW just fine but can anyone shed some light on what it is and it's potentials?

CPU.png

Truthfully, it has no potential. Its on a very old architecture, has inadequate IPC and PPC. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Why do you think it's weird?

It's a normal cpu, bit old, not a great one, but it's fine i guess.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-Athlon X4 870K.html

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 minutes ago, MATTHEWFALANGA said:

I have an AMD FX 870K Quad Core Processor! I called AMD to verify what it is and they said it is one of their CPUs but could not tell me anything about it. I will run the game THE CREW just fine but can anyone shed some light on what it is and it's potentials?

CPU.png

This is really an Athlon X4 870

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-Athlon X4 870K.html

Your CPU-Z confirms it

Family FX

Revision GV = Godavari

well, I run the crew 2 on a 8600k+1070 ti, so not much to say there.

The cpu is quite old and there are better these days, if you have some money and want better game performence, I could help you with that

Thanks. When I overclooked it to 5GHz paired with two Gigabyte Radeon R7 GPUs it seemed like it would be good for an entry level Gaming PC and 3DMark scored it as a mid level gaming system. lol