New Power Supply / New UPS

Wyre
Go to solution Solved by Patrick3D,

I have been using CyberPower 1500VA Adaptive Sinewave UPSes for about 3 years now with no issues. I run a file server off of one and my entire home theater system (Receiver, TV, HTPC, Ethernet switch) off of another, 24/7. In rural Illinois with bad power as well. They go for around $200-$230. They include a USB connection and have software that lets you see the current load and has a history of any power events. Also, very easy to disable the alarms on them. I've been through multiple blackouts and brownouts without needing to replace the batteries yet.

OK, SO I have a very old UPS that has been working fine for me for 20+ years. Recently I replaced the PSU in the system to support a better graphics card. The new power supply will not work on my old UPS. I started researching and it appears that most Active PFC PSU do not like the old square wave UPS like my APC. So I am in need of some guidance. What are some good UPSes that can replace my old 4 x battery 1500va system? I seem to always have good luck with APC... I was just wanting some opinions.

System Specs:

650watt Rosewill PSU

Asrock Z77 mATX

16GB G.Skill PC1600

Intel i5 3570k @ 4.6GHz

Cooler Master 212 Evo

Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

Western Digital 3TB Red

Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB @ 1050/1450

2 x Dell 24" 1080p IPS panels

SilverStone FT03B

Logitech Z-2300 THX

Schiit Audio Modi DAC

Schiit Audio Magni Amplifier

Audio-Technica ATH-A1000W headphones

650watt Rosewill was just pulled out, and replaced with a Corsair AX860.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

post-34695-0-02291700-1389377401_thumb.j

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Do you actually need a UPS? If your using it as surge protection you can just get a surge protector. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I live in a fairly rural area. The power company is terrible. We have surges from 90vac to 130vac. The power randomly drops out... storms make it worse. If I want to be able to use my computer it is going to have to be on a UPS.

I actually had to purchase a small UPS for the TV as it dies 3 times within a 2 months. The power company was pretty good about replacing the fridge when a power surge killed it (it was on a very large surge suppressor).

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

I have been using CyberPower 1500VA Adaptive Sinewave UPSes for about 3 years now with no issues. I run a file server off of one and my entire home theater system (Receiver, TV, HTPC, Ethernet switch) off of another, 24/7. In rural Illinois with bad power as well. They go for around $200-$230. They include a USB connection and have software that lets you see the current load and has a history of any power events. Also, very easy to disable the alarms on them. I've been through multiple blackouts and brownouts without needing to replace the batteries yet.

Thanks for the help Patrick! Appreciate it.