Windows Activation

Hey, short question

what do you think? I just owned my new windows version for about 6 months. In that period my motherboard broke down. I've replaced it yesterday with a 'new' one and off today windows screams " register me "
I tried the troubleshoot mechanic but no luck so far. Try again at a later time it said .... win 10 is good they said... anyway

Is there any point in visiting the overlord? Will this magically go away? Should i call and explain my current situation ?

slui.exe is all you need. Open your run prompt, type that in and follow the on screen commands. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Hey, short question

what do you think? I just owned my new windows version for about 6 months. In that period my motherboard broke down. I've replaced it yesterday with a 'new' one and off today windows screams " register me "
I tried the troubleshoot mechanic but no luck so far. Try again at a later time it said .... win 10 is good they said... anyway

Is there any point in visiting the overlord? Will this magically go away? Should i call and explain my current situation ?

Are you activated digitally? If so you can login to your MS account, view your registered devices, unregister your old PC manually then reactivate your new one.

If it's a key activation then as above, use slui and go through the phone option.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

oke oke removing the pc's from the account got me one step further into the activation proces but from there i still get a mssage about how MS servers are down atm. So i will wait!
Thnx

just ring ms. they not overlords, they grant any reasonable request

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

I've decided on cleaning the primairy drive. Somehow there where already 3 types of fixed partitions! delete delete format delete! Atm I'm waiting for the dreaded 1803... It went foul earlier this day, creating a critical process death after a failed installation... its been 3 hours already if not more.. The only thing that keeps me going is a drive that's under 90% load all of the time!

On 12/5/2018 at 5:22 AM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Hey, short question

If your previous motherboard was broken, contacting Microsoft support via the Get Help app, or doing a  phone activation method, even if you have an OEM license, if you are nice, they'll transfer your license by exception.

13 hours ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

I've decided on cleaning the primairy drive. Somehow there where already 3 types of fixed partitions! delete delete format delete! Atm I'm waiting for the dreaded 1803... It went foul earlier this day, creating a critical process death after a failed installation... its been 3 hours already if not more.. The only thing that keeps me going is a drive that's under 90% load all of the time!

3 partitions is fine.

• 1x for Windows (obviously)
  • 1x Boot process, a requirement for UEFI based system
  • 1x for Windows Recovery tools

What is wrong with 1803? do you mean 1809?

And I need way more details then "went foul"

Make sure your system is properly working before activating Windows, in the case you need to change motherboard once again, or something else is broken.

Oke...  well that's good to know! i'm not sure about how many partitions excist at the moment but I can report my system works oke now. The only weird thing atm is that my bios reports 350 rpm on the cpu fan is a dangerous value ( shown in red ) and even stops me from booting windows ( I now have it on 560 rpm which still labels as red but permits me to start up the system.. I had to ignore the cpu error that shows when you boot up your machine )

Anyway I'm not sure what went wrong. I was just looking at the screen while it was at 60 % when it suddenly decided it was time for a restart... after restarting everything went wrong and I started the procedure all over again.

I will wait with activating indeed.. it should have worked proper in one try but like this waiting seems to be the sensefull act..

Thank you