Light Rust On Fittings.....

So I have had my loop up for about a month, month and a half now and today I went to inspect and top up my loop and I noticed some rust on the tips of my fittings. From what I could tell almost all of them have this. I bought them new and light rust is on both Koolance QDC's and bitspower fittings. This isnt a picture of my fittings but it is very close to what I am experiencing.

LL

Light rust on edges, one of the Koolance QDC's (the male i believe) is the worst compared to everything else. Is this okay or should I be worried? Im freaking out a little because all of the fittings cost me around $150 :o

Found this on another forum with a user posting the same and a Koolance rep replying:

Our outer compression rings use steel, and prolonged moisture can rust them. Some types are nickel plated, but I don't think they differ much in rust resistance because the knurled grooves don't get completely coated.

Apparently after about a month... rust... here is the original link.

http://forums.koolance.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=865

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Found this on another forum with a user posting the same and a Koolance rep replying:
Our outer compression rings use steel' date=' and prolonged moisture can rust them. Some types are nickel plated, but I don't think they differ much in rust resistance because the knurled grooves don't get completely coated.[/font']
Apparently after about a month... rust... here is the original link. http://forums.koolance.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=865

Alright thanks for that. So does this mean I shouldnt be worried about it at all? Cuz one thing im worried about is it affecting my waterblocks and or radiators.

I would be.... rust in the loop cannot be good. I wonder if you could contact them about replacements? Otherwise, I would be looking for new ones...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

steel in a mainly copper/nickel situation.. electrolysis bonding and the oxides can

make so evil crud in the system that may/may not be removable. other than part

replacement..

airdeano

I'd replace those fittings if I were you. Like airdeano said, mixing metals is never good for a loop. You can get away with it for a while with things like Copper and Nickel and Brass but that's about it. I think Chrome plating also would be ok.

Current Rig
AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming WiFi 2 - 32 GB GSkill TridentZ RGB
GeForce RTX 3080 - WD Black SN850 1TB  - Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL

Would be possible for copper to come off of my radiator? i cleaned it but u never know. Its a alphacool Monsta

ive found in alphacool rads some loose solder/flux balls rattling around in 90% of my

radiators. drives me nuts dry, but when wet, unknown.

airdeano

ive found in alphacool rads some loose solder/flux balls rattling around in 90% of my radiators. drives me nuts dry' date=' but when wet, unknown. airdeano[/quote']

I guess ill find out when I pull som fittings off this weekend. One of the biggest thing that is leading me to suspect that it may be copper out of the radiator is the fact that the fittings closest to output of the radiator have more rust (or what ever it is) than the fittings that are closer to the input. (If that mad any sense).

its not copper... and it'll be caught in the non-bung tank (not going anywhere).

if the fitting has rust, the fitting's coating issue (steel). copper tarnishes (oxidizes)

if there is rust in the copper rad, you got other issues... usually koolance ftgs

have this sorta problem..

airdeano

its not copper... and it'll be caught in the non-bung tank (not going anywhere). if the fitting has rust' date=' the fitting's coating issue (steel). copper tarnishes (oxidizes) if there is rust in the copper rad, you got other issues... usually koolance ftgs have this sorta problem.. airdeano[/quote']

The rust is on the fittings. Is there anything I can do to the fix it or am I gonna have to replace the fittings?

Also do I have to do anything about it or is not a huge deal. This is probably a stupid question but you never know.