Afterburner drops my FPS

racker24

Good day guys.

well i have a problem, mostly on FPS(First Person shooting) games. everytime I run msi afterburner on my PC while playing FPS game my fps drop. it drops when I move my mouse. move my mouse left right or rotate fps drops from normal to max 10fps low. first i tought it's my rx580 since before I use 1050 2gb to 1060 3gb afterburner is normal then i format my pc because I move to an amd card. and now I move again to a nvidia card gtx 1060 6gb  but i did not format my pc just uninstall the amd driver then reinstall nvidia driver specifically 399 version.

what do you guys think causing this fps drop when ever i move my mouse? my last resort is formatting it but it's a hassle for me. so I turn here first before I do that. also additional knowledge on the reason of my problem.

Thanks!

Potato: Intel i5-8400 | XFX RX580 8GB | 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHZ HyperX | Asus ex-H310M | Kingston 120GB SSD | SEAGATE 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 GRAY 450watts.
2D MMORPG Games Since 2006.

MSI Afterburner is having issues in some games which can drop fps. I don't remember exactly in which game I had this problem, but I experienced it too. Best way is to use Steam fps indicator in games, or try other alternatives.

1 minute ago, J.b091 said:

MSI Afterburner is having issues in some games which can drop fps. I don't remember exactly in which game I had this problem, but I experienced it too. Best way is to use Steam fps indicator in games, or try other alternatives.

yeah I am trying alternatives, steam and nvidia fps do not drop my fps. but i have friends who use afterburner that doesnt have problems on the same game we played. also i am using the same afterburner version since I am using a 1050 2gb. maybe I need to format my OS? I`ll wait for other answers thanks mate!

Potato: Intel i5-8400 | XFX RX580 8GB | 2X8GB DDR4 2666MHZ HyperX | Asus ex-H310M | Kingston 120GB SSD | SEAGATE 2TB HDD | Corsair VS450 GRAY 450watts.

6 minutes ago, racker24 said:

yeah I am trying alternatives, steam and nvidia fps do not drop my fps. but i have friends who use afterburner that doesnt have problems on the same game we played. also i am using the same afterburner version since I am using a 1050 2gb. maybe I need to format my OS? I`ll wait for other answers thanks mate!

To be honest I wouldn't format OS because of that. Are you trying to use it all time or just for benchmarking/checking game for once? I use afterburner for testing games and normally I use steam fps indicator. MSI afterburner sometimes messes up in some games if you decide to hide/show UI for taking screenshots and etc... By the way did you try EVGA precision? It's almost same as MSI afterburner. Check maybe it won't give you issues in that particular game.

To be honest I wouldn't format OS because of that. Are you trying to use it all time or just for benchmarking/checking game for once? I use afterburner for testing games and normally I use steam fps indicator. MSI afterburner sometimes messes up in some games if you decide to hide/show UI for taking screenshots and etc... By the way did you try EVGA precision? It's almost same as MSI afterburner. Check maybe it won't give you issues in that particular game.

well I use it just to monitor usage and temp, i havent use the evga one but I`ll try it.

4 minutes ago, racker24 said:

well I use it just to monitor usage and temp, i havent use the evga one but I`ll try it.

I meant, you use it all the time in all games or only when you want to monitor?

I meant, you use it all the time in all games or only when you want to monitor?

when I just want to monitor or when streaming on fb. call me weird but i like the overlay of afterburner than other. it gives a reviewer feel. hahahahha. also going back to the topic just want to know the reason, since I am seeing reviewers also using the same card that I used(rx580 before then GTX1060 6gb now) having no problem on their afterburner.