Cloning OS on one M.2 to another M.2

So my company needs to be able to drop OS images onto new PCs that are shipped to our IT department. In the past, copying an image from our template SATA SSD's to the pre-installed SSD's on the new systems has been cake.

We're now getting (by choice) workstation systems that have M.2 drives only. We lose a LOT of time installing and manually configuring the version of Windows we need on each of the systems manually and we're looking for a solution whereby we can have an M.2 drive with the image we want and clone/migrate/copy that image onto each of the systems we receive and deploy.

We really do want to be able to move the image from M.2 to M.2 as being able to do this would have other troubleshooting benefits as well. 

I know Samsung makes wicked migration software, but it has the significant drawback of only working with the target drive is a Samsung. Our new systems do not have Samsung drives, so I need a REAL, TRUE solution for copying the bootable image of an OS from one M.2 to another. 

16 hours ago, crashahotrod said:

Have you tried Clonezilla?

I have not tried any specific software yet. I wanted to see if anyone had had success doing exactly what I'm trying before I purchase any software. On that note, is Clonezilla free or paid?

Other software that was mentioned to me was EaseUS and Macrium Reflect.

Acronis seems to be the way to go, as many manufacturers use it for their own units Kingston, Intel, Western Digital, Toshiba, see links below:

1. Acronis True Image OEM - Kingston

2. Acronis True Image HD Cloning Software - Toshiba OCZ

3. How to Automatically Clone a disk with Acronis True Image WD ... 

4. Downloads for Intel® Data Migration Software

Those are the OEM versions but I prefer the open versions because it is compatible across brands:

Some other reliable options:

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

1 minute ago, seagate_surfer said:

*snip*

FYI, your message was caught by the spam filter due to linking AOMEI, they've created lots of accounts in the last few years to spam this forum (they would post links to their website on any relevant thread they could find, including "necro'ing" thread dating back from 2014).

Just some information I wanted out there ;)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Acronis instant restore would do what you need. It capable of deploying one image to many computers. Also it installs drivers required to boot image on new hardware

Using Tapatalk