Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

M.2 - Drive Not Detected

Hi P
 Share

I assembled the PC just recently, it has an M.2 PCIe, that's the only drive connected.

 

I was trying to install windows when I noticed the drive was not being detected.

 

What do I do?

 

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What are  your parts? And does UEFI detect the drive?

Mobo: B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi

 

Everything else is detected in the BIOS, I think... at least the CPU and RAM.

 

I'm guessing GPU too since I have video output on the monitor connected to it.

 

What is UEFI?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Mobo: B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi

 

Everything else is detected in the BIOS, I think... at least the CPU and RAM.

 

I'm guessing GPU too since I have video output on the monitor connected to it.

 

What is UEFI?

UEFI is the BIOS.

 

Looks like both M.2 slots on that board are PCIe.  Only 1 can do SATA tho.  Are you sure it's a PCIe M.2 drive?

 

 

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

 

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Samsung 27" + Dell 24" 

 

Raven:  Intel i3 10100F - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Inland 256GB SSD + Toshiba 2TB HDD - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Spectre 24" 

 

Other Tech:

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

UEFI is the BIOS.

 

Looks like both M.2 slots on that board are PCIe.  Only 1 can do SATA tho.  Are you sure it's a PCIe M.2 drive?

 

 

970 EVO, and I connected it to the slot that supports PCIe (followed the mobo manual)

 

I think the problem is I need the samsung drivers.

 

Could you please help me out?

 

On the Windows Setup there's an option to "Load driver", so I downloaded the .exe file (driver installer) from samsung, saved it in a USB, connected it to the PC, but windows says theres no driver in it.

 

What do I do?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Hi P said:

970 EVO, and I connected it to the slot that supports PCIe (followed the mobo manual)

 

I think the problem is I need the samsung drivers.

 

Could you please help me out?

 

On the Windows Setup there's an option to "Load driver", so I downloaded the .exe file (driver installer) from samsung, saved it in a USB, connected it to the PC, but windows says theres no driver in it.

 

What do I do?

You shouldn't need drivers. I have a B450 board with a 970 EVO and my install went without a hitch.

 

What are you installing Windows from? DVD from Microsoft? USB key you built from the Media Creation Tool?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

USB key you built from the Media Creation Tool?

This one

 

Then what's the issue? :(

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Redo the build or try another USB stick. Alternatively get a live version of Linux distro like Lubuntu or Mint and see if it finds the SSD.

 

Guess what! lol

 

So apparently when I placed the NVMe heatsink (the one that comes with the mobo) it accidentally moved the drive, it was slightly out but just enough to not be detected

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×