Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

M.2 - Drive Not Detected

Hi P

I assembled the PC just recently, it has an M.2 PCIe, that's the only drive connected.

I was trying to install windows when I noticed the drive was not being detected.

What do I do?

Thank you

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What are  your parts? And does UEFI detect the drive?

Mobo: B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi

Everything else is detected in the BIOS, I think... at least the CPU and RAM.

I'm guessing GPU too since I have video output on the monitor connected to it.

What is UEFI?

2 minutes ago, Hi P said:

Mobo: B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi

Everything else is detected in the BIOS, I think... at least the CPU and RAM.

I'm guessing GPU too since I have video output on the monitor connected to it.

What is UEFI?

UEFI is the BIOS.

Looks like both M.2 slots on that board are PCIe.  Only 1 can do SATA tho.  Are you sure it's a PCIe M.2 drive?

Emma : i9 9900K 5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200Mhz - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz - Mackie CR5BT - Corsair Virtuoso SE - Logitech G910, G502 - Cooler Master Universal Graphics Card Holder

Plex : Ryzen 5 1600 - Gigabyte B450M-DS3H - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - 840 EVO 256GB + Toshiba P300 3TB - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi - Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 - Antec Nine Hundred - Samsung 27" + Dell 24" 

Raven:  Intel i3 10100F - ASRock H410M-HDV - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2666Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Inland 256GB SSD + Toshiba 2TB HDD - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Spectre 24" 

Other Tech:

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 - i7 7700HQ, 16GB 2400 MHz RAM, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

4 minutes ago, jstudrawa said:

UEFI is the BIOS.

Looks like both M.2 slots on that board are PCIe.  Only 1 can do SATA tho.  Are you sure it's a PCIe M.2 drive?

970 EVO, and I connected it to the slot that supports PCIe (followed the mobo manual)

I think the problem is I need the samsung drivers.

Could you please help me out?

On the Windows Setup there's an option to "Load driver", so I downloaded the .exe file (driver installer) from samsung, saved it in a USB, connected it to the PC, but windows says theres no driver in it.

What do I do?

Just now, Hi P said:

970 EVO, and I connected it to the slot that supports PCIe (followed the mobo manual)

I think the problem is I need the samsung drivers.

Could you please help me out?

On the Windows Setup there's an option to "Load driver", so I downloaded the .exe file (driver installer) from samsung, saved it in a USB, connected it to the PC, but windows says theres no driver in it.

What do I do?

You shouldn't need drivers. I have a B450 board with a 970 EVO and my install went without a hitch.

What are you installing Windows from? DVD from Microsoft? USB key you built from the Media Creation Tool?

4 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

USB key you built from the Media Creation Tool?

This one

Then what's the issue? :(

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Redo the build or try another USB stick. Alternatively get a live version of Linux distro like Lubuntu or Mint and see if it finds the SSD.

Guess what! lol

So apparently when I placed the NVMe heatsink (the one that comes with the mobo) it accidentally moved the drive, it was slightly out but just enough to not be detected