Any option to upgrade this laptop

SrPITT

I'm using this laptop for my work and i've been looking for some ssd to upgrade that 32gb emmc

It has 2 ports inside and i dont care if i lose the wifi board, or the gps card (cause the laptop has a "built-in" modem that uses a sim card)

1643840128_20181203_124932Zoom.thumb.jpg.a3cf607869d3b15fc4b3fde7e762d447.jpg20181203_124921.thumb.jpg.be273b3d801ce46c9413f3d057e92ebd.jpg20181203_125005.thumb.jpg.e1d6f38cdbf54ef7b02ebd0751a5397d.jpg

I don't think there are SSDs that are that small. You may be able to find something, but I highly doubt it, and even if you do I have a feeling that it won't be a fair price.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

23 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I don't think there are SSDs that are that small. You may be able to find something, but I highly doubt it, and even if you do I have a feeling that it won't be a fair price.

I've been looking for a while, and i've found in 2 that seems to be ok if they are compatible (128 gb for 40$ and 256gb for 85$) but i dont know if they are suitable for that slot

The first one in which the wireless card was located cannot be replaced with an SSD, although is the same form factor (size) as a mSATA SSD, they are different electronically. The Wi-Fi control is controlled by the PCI controller and the mSATA-SSD via the SATA controller, so even when one mSATA may fit, the slot it is not made for solid-state drives. And with the Huawei M.2 it is the same thing, it has a size or form factor that is also used for SSD, it is an M.2 but electronically it is different, it has a B key, which means that an "M key" PCIe NVMe SSD does not fit here, maybe an M.2 SSD type "B + M" will fit but those are SATA, so the same thing will happen, it will not be recognized.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

4 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

The first one in which the wireless card was located cannot be replaced with an SSD, although is the same form factor (size) as a mSATA SSD, they are different electronically. The Wi-Fi control is controlled by the PCI controller and the mSATA-SSD via the SATA controller, so even when one mSATA may fit, the slot it is not made for solid-state drives. And with the Huawei M.2 it is the same thing, it has a size or form factor that is also used for SSD, it is an M.2 but electronically it is different, it has a B key, which means that an "M key" PCIe NVMe SSD does not fit here, maybe an M.2 SSD type "B + M" will fit but those are SATA, so the same thing will happen, it will not be recognized.

I imagined that, well thank you ;)

On 12/3/2018 at 12:23 PM, Vikas Rana said:

If you can place SSDs somewhere else inside laptop than a extension cable would be helpful

like this one : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HMRHLHZ

Not totally sure if this will work because the slot is controlled by the controller and if the slot is not connected to the SATA controller it may not work.

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

23 hours ago, SrPITT said:

I imagined that, well thank you ;)

Sure! You are welcome, you can post more if you still need more help.