Snapchat statues "Opened" delayed?

Greetings. 
So I snapped a lady friend last night, "goodnight", yet she never replied back. I assumed she was asleep. Around 11:30 am today I check my snapchat to see she still hasn't gotten my message, it read "delivered" this many hours ago. 
Whatever. I go to work, come back home, checked her story than went to messages, her text thread reads "opened 19 hours ago"......

What? 19 hours ago was last night around 12:55am, which means she opened it roughly half an hour later after I sent it. Why did snapchat read "delivered" most the whole day than later update me it was opened 19 hours ago? 

Anybody know how this could have happened? Is snapchat's hour count an estimate or is it literal?

My guess is she opened it in airplane mode than left her phone off until I went to work, (I don't check my phone at work) but that's a big stretch. I'd assume it's possible tho. Any ideas?  

I noticed it wasnt updated very fast when initially opening the app, and didnt have any correlation to wifi or LTE signal. So I think Snapchats just being shitty, again. Like usual.

Though for me it would update within a minute or two, not to the extent of 19 hours.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

On 12/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, MagnumOpus said:

Are you using Snapchat on Android?

Yes. 

On 12/6/2018 at 2:54 AM, Slouch said:

Yes. 

There you go. Until Snapchat ups their game on Android, People will have troubles and weird bugs popping up. I have mine crash whenever i took a photo

• 11 months later...

I have the same problem. Ive been sending snaps and chats to a friend and it would look like he didn't open it for hours (10-20 hours). This had happend over the course of weeks and happend everytime i sent something. I thought he was just ignoring me because it was only his profile that would show this. I would also notice that when i looked back at the message (I have it set to delete after 24 hours) it would still be there 2 days later. This is a sucky glitch if its real