Should i upgrade my Hard drive?

gabrielgames
Go to solution Solved by Velcade,
1 minute ago, gabrielgames said:

ah yeah thats what i though sheet im running low on funds for this pc because i still need to buy blackout and Rainbow

Please don't short yourself on hardware that will last longer than either of those games.

You can pick up a Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive for less than 60.

the pc i want to buy has a laptop hard drive 500GB 2.5"  at 5400 rpm should i upgrade the hard drive?

Do you have money for a new drive?

Do you want a faster hard drive?

Do you want more storage?

If you've answered yes a quality SSD or even a faster HDD are options.  What laptop are you looking at?  How expandable is it's storage?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Do you have money for a new drive?

Do you want a faster hard drive?

Do you want more storage?

If you've answered yes a quality SSD or even a faster HDD are options.  What laptop are you looking at?  How expandable is it's storage?

i have a 240 gb ssd i just wonder if a laptop hdd on a pc would be ok 

5 minutes ago, gabrielgames said:

i have a 240 gb ssd i just wonder if a laptop hdd on a pc would be ok 

If you have a PC, I would strongly recommend a desktop hard drive, as they still aren't very expensive, and you can get a 1TB hard drive for only about CAD$50, which in my opinion, is a pretty good price.

3 minutes ago, linkofgamers said:

If you have a PC, I would strongly recommend a desktop hard drive, as they still aren't very expensive, and you can get a 1TB hard drive for only about CAD$50, which in my opinion, is a pretty good price.

yeah, do you know of any good sales going on atm?

Are you saying the DESKTOP pc you want to buy has a LAPTOP HDD?  If that's the case get a 2TB HDD and use that 240GB SSD as your boot drive.

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

Are you saying the DESKTOP pc you want to buy has a LAPTOP HDD?  If that's the case get a 2TB HDD and use that 240GB SSD as your boot drive.

ah yeah thats what i though sheet im running low on funds for this pc because i still need to buy blackout and Rainbowmonkas.png

1 minute ago, gabrielgames said:

ah yeah thats what i though sheet im running low on funds for this pc because i still need to buy blackout and Rainbow

Please don't short yourself on hardware that will last longer than either of those games.

You can pick up a Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive for less than 60.

1 minute ago, Velcade said:

i definitely dont need 2tb after using my current pc for 6 years i only used less than 400gb lol

9 minutes ago, gabrielgames said:

i definitely dont need 2tb after using my current pc for 6 years i only used less than 400gb lol

Have you seen games these days?  They take up huge amount of space.  And a HDD for data is super cheap.

13 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Have you seen games these days?  They take up huge amount of space.  And a HDD for data is super cheap.

ok i guess ill get a 2tb thanks for the help