NZXT Grid+ V3 and XSPC 8 Way​ PWM Splitter Hub

VoidParticle

Hello.

I have found 2 devices I would like to use together but I want to know how compatible they are / will they burn out if hooked up together?

The idea is that I plug the fans into 1 or 2 XSPC Splitter Hubs (I will be running lots of fans) and run the PWM signal to 1 of the 6 channels on the NZXT Grid+. I know that this might sound weird but the XSPC Splitter Hub supports 12w per channel while the NZXT Grid+ supports 5w per channel so I really only want the pwm signal traveling through and ultimately powering my hungry fans at the end of this mess.

I COULD just use the XSPC Splitter Hub and run it to a pwm on my motherboard and use BIOS for fan settings or...
I COULD instead use this NZXT Grid+ and CAM software to monitor my fan groupings.

MORE CONTEXT (if confused):

I want to distinguish fans running off CPU temp and GPU temp using software and my fans individually can hog up to 6.6w so 1 channel needs to support at least 6.6w. NZXT Grid+ supports 5w per channel but has pretty good software I would want to use now that it's working pretty well (CAM). You only get to use the fan portion if you use a USB connected Grid+. Using a XSPC PWM Splitter Hub runs 12w per channel. I wouldn't risk adding 2 fans on to the device but I could buy 2 of these and use them to hook up fans I want run off CPU temps and the other for fans I want running off GPU temps with a PWM signal ultimately coming off the CAM software.

Will this work? Will the PWM signal successfully be carried to the fans in the groupings I want? Will the wattage being carried from the Grid+ to the Splitter Hub overload the Splitter Hub? Or is all this ok because each device is being connected from the PSU?

Please read carefully or ask questions if you don't understand my questions because I'm really only looking for the hypothetical answer and not a gross response about my decision to go this route.