Help Deciding on TV

WickedStarfish

Currently live in Australia so these prices are on the cheap side, The JVC TV's price will be reduced to $549 in 4 days so I was looking at purchasing on of these TV's. the TV does not need to be fancy and does not need to have smart features, the TV will be mounted on the wall across from my bed to be used for media consumption (movies, Tv shows, odd youtube video and maybe a single player rpg here and there), the speakers do not need to be great as i have a speaker system in my room that I will use, it just needs to have an ok picture quality. so I was wondering which one would be better

{a image of the overall setup will be at the end}

JVC 55" TV - BigW Article Number: 659671 - https://www.bigw.com.au/product/jvc-55-smart-uhd-led-tv/p/659671/

or

Polaroid 55" TV - BigW Article Number: 631925 https://www.bigw.com.au/product/polaroid-55-34-uhd-smart-android-tv/p/631925/

image.png.a91155dc8b40c821f98d3c8e6e4650f6.png

Get a samsung one, much better quality than those.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Get a samsung one, much better quality than those.

also about 3 to 20 times the price by what i have seen

do they sell hisense tvs there? they are to better then the jvc's, and oh god, dont get a polariod

13 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

also about 3 to 20 times the price by what i have seen

Are you sure you're looking at the lower end models and not the high end stuff?

Something like 6000 or 7000 series.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Are you sure you're looking at the lower end models and not the high end stuff?

Something like 6000 or 7000 series.

cheapest one i can find on a quick search (JB HI Fi and Harvey norman) which i was looking for one between 55 and 65"

image.png.ecbb3527b2667a1b5b7790a6fb08c4d4.pngimage.png.e8ba5a201e9afdfa09ceae397701acf3.png

11 minutes ago, circeseye said:

do they sell hisense tvs there? they are to better then the jvc's, and oh god, dont get a polariod

yeah but again even on special they are $695, how much better would you say compaired to JVC, as the tv will not be used for anything other than displaying an image which will be a max of 1080p as my HDMI switch only supports 1080p 60hz video

image.png.d93de3e45959b55f38f51920704413d2.png

Just now, WickedStarfish said:

cheapest one i can find on a quick search (JB HI Fi and Harvey norman) which i was looking for one between 55 and 65"

Wow that's overpriced, I paid 600 for that 7100 here in canada.

How about vizio? Do you have those around?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Wow that's overpriced, I paid 600 for that 7100 here in canada.

How about vizio? Do you have those around?

yeah sadly don't have a Vizio store 

yeah thats the australian market for you haha overpriced as hell 

2 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

yeah sadly don't have a Vizio store 

yeah thats the australian market for you haha overpriced as hell 

I don't mean a vizio store...

You don't buy a samsung tv from a samsung store, you buy it from a retailer like amazon or best buy or some electronics store.

Go look at retailers.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

I don't mean a vizio store...

You don't buy a samsung tv from a samsung store, you buy it from a retailer like amazon or best buy or some electronics store.

Go look at retailers.

yeah i just gathered that while looking a bit more, to be honest i have never seen the Vizio brand in australia 

can you upgrade that switch? you will get a way better picture then throwing 1080p at a 4k tv.....and yea id grab that hisense over that jvc any day
and those samsungs do seem awfully over priced

2 minutes ago, circeseye said:

can you upgrade that switch? you will get a way better picture then throwing 1080p at a 4k tv.....and yea id grab that hisense over that jvc any day
and those samsungs do seem awfully over priced

I dont really have a need to upgrade the switch as everything i am using pushes out 1080p except for my desktop if i was to bump the settings up as it currently is set to 1080p,

but when they are displaying 1080p is it really worth the extra (just over) 26% increase in price as I am trying to save as much as possible for a new desktop build and 145ish dollars is quite a lot of money for a casual employee such as myself

that hisense you posted is actually a little cheaper then that jvc. so another reason to grab it.

heres what i see with my 4k tv....1080p video is the minimum on a 4k tv...and still you will notice its 1080p but its still watchable (to me it looks kind of blurred)...god forbid a 720 video plays its looks bad...but because of the size your looking at unless some how you actually find a 1080p tv that size still for sale your future will be to upgrade that switch.

and if im not mistaken everything your going to hook up all will play 4k stuff (not sure how pc will play games but videos will be fine) but then im not sure what you pc monitors can do but there is options there

6 minutes ago, circeseye said:

that hisense you posted is actually a little cheaper then that jvc. so another reason to grab it.

heres what i see with my 4k tv....1080p video is the minimum on a 4k tv...and still you will notice its 1080p but its still watchable (to me it looks kind of blurred)...god forbid a 720 video plays its looks bad...but because of the size your looking at unless some how you actually find a 1080p tv that size still for sale your future will be to upgrade that switch.

and if im not mistaken everything your going to hook up all will play 4k stuff (not sure how pc will play games but videos will be fine) but then im not sure what you pc monitors can do but there is options there

My monitors are 1080p 60hz 

the JVC is about to have a sale where it will come down to around $549 (noticed this before i posted the question as i was originally going to buy the polaroid, it goes on sale on the 29th)

most of the video files I have on my computer are 1080p the rest are lower as I don't really have a 4k camera and most youtube videos I watch are in 1080p or less 

The Xbox one s only plays blurays at 4k and the ps4 is an older one so its doubtful as the ps4 pro does 1440p

I am going to be 3+m away from the TV, currently i watch the video files off of one of my 1080p monitors and its 2.5ish m away from my bed and they are a 24" screen 

I do use an xbox one x in my family lounge room hooked up to my parents 4K TV and honestly it is a little crisper when playing 4K files but is overall ok with 1080p, and upgrading the switch, plus the splitter and getting an amazing HDMI cable for the length I need will be quite expensive as it will need a signal booster or something similar for that distance (looking at a 15m HDMI cable)

My room

image.png.b378211f6e4e7f2f0b70e70e3336016d.png

1 hour ago, WickedStarfish said:

My monitors are 1080p 60hz 

the JVC is about to have a sale where it will come down to around $549 (noticed this before i posted the question as i was originally going to buy the polaroid, it goes on sale on the 29th)

most of the video files I have on my computer are 1080p the rest are lower as I don't really have a 4k camera and most youtube videos I watch are in 1080p or less 

The Xbox one s only plays blurays at 4k and the ps4 is an older one so its doubtful as the ps4 pro does 1440p

I am going to be 3+m away from the TV, currently i watch the video files off of one of my 1080p monitors and its 2.5ish m away from my bed and they are a 24" screen 

I do use an xbox one x in my family lounge room hooked up to my parents 4K TV and honestly it is a little crisper when playing 4K files but is overall ok with 1080p, and upgrading the switch, plus the splitter and getting an amazing HDMI cable for the length I need will be quite expensive as it will need a signal booster or something similar for that distance (looking at a 15m HDMI cable)

My room

image.png.b378211f6e4e7f2f0b70e70e3336016d.png

ahhhh ok...well since the jvc is going so cheap and to save money go for it....but again do not buy the polariod one