Out Of Range problem...

orSQUADstra

So I have to use my 1366x768 monitor for now, before that I had the 1920x1080 one plugged in. Well I forgot to change the resolution and I get "Out Of Range". That wouldn't be too bad, but I went into safe mode (low resolution mode still gives Out Of Range, so I went with Safe Mode with Networking) and tried to change the resolution there, but as it turns out, that option won't carry over to normal boot. So I also tried changing things in regedit, but I couldn't find the values I need to change (the folder I was pointed to didn't exist). The only thing that seemed to work was uninstalling my display driver with DDU. When I booted normally, everything was good, and I could change the resolution to the native 1366x768. After about 30 minutes of usage however, out of nowhere the screen went black and I got "Out Of Range" again. Any ideas on what I should do?

Some additional info, the monitor is kind of old and only has a VGA port. I'm using an HDMI to VGA adapter. It has been working fine, in fact, I used that for my 1080p monitor as well, and this very 1366x768 monitor multiple times in the past. I don't think it would be a problem with the adapter or my GPU.