i7 7700HQ Turbo Boost at idle

I have an ASUS GL503 which has an i7 7700HQ processor. From a couple of days ago it has started to Turbo Boost at idle. It goes up to 3.6 GHz at idle, which makes the laptop hot while watching videos & drains the battery faster. I have checked everything, no program is running in the background & I have kept the performance at balanced. Any suggestions?

It is normal

Use Throttlestop to undervolt and set lower multi core boost clock for low load (save a profile for that). See my sig below for guide

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

4 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

It is normal

Use Throttlestop to undervolt and set lower multi core boost clock for low load (save a profile for that). See my sig below for guide

My laptop wasn't doing this a couple of days ago. So, how is it normal? I have undervolted my laptop using Intel XTU, is XTU causing the trouble?

Check if the battery slider is set to best performance, that sets the Speed Shift EPP to 0 which forces the CPU to work at full frequencies all the time. You can also try restoring the balanced profile settings.

3 hours ago, Garcia98 said:

Check if the battery slider is set to best performance, that sets the Speed Shift EPP to 0 which forces the CPU to work at full frequencies all the time. You can also try restoring the balanced profile settings.

I have already tried that but it didn't help.

11 hours ago, Garcia98 said:

best performance

best performance mode (balanced profile) isn't the same with high performance profile

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

23 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

best performance mode (balanced profile) isn't the same with high performance profile

I know