grub2 not finding windows....

Bjamse

Problem:

Unable to add win 10 to grub2 menu and can't boot to win 10 directly either.

Setup:

5 disks:

• samsung 250GB ssd for win10
  • kingston 120GB ssd for Linux Mint
  • intel 180GB ssd as fast storage (only used in win10)
  • 2 random hdd's (1TB and 2TB mainly used by win10)

currently inside Linux mint because of win 10 won't boot.

History:

set up pc with win 10 at first. decided to dual-boot with mint on separate ssd (Kingston 120GB).
Did something dumb and placed grub on the main ssd with windows (Samsung 250GB).
managed to add win 10 to that grub installation.
everything was fine and I booted whatever os I wanted via grub on main ssd.

later: messed up mint and had to format and install a new version on that ssd (Kingston 120).
Grub got messed up and had to use boot-repair from live boot for mint to fix it. (grub then got installed on Kingston 120GB ssd instead)
Now windows won't be detected.

What I have tried

• running boot-repair again
  • boot win 10 install usb
  • update-grub

boot-repair said I should include this if I went to a forum for help...

ubuntu Pastebin

Where am i?

i dont see any specific reason why it would not be showing, other than there may be a chance that you are booting from the wrong grub installation, so possible one of them is the correct one that has the linux mint+win10 options in it, and has been the one getting updated, and maybe you have been booting to the wrong one, so you could possibly try going into the uefi and booting from each grub install individually to find the correct one, and put that one as your primary boot, and remove the other grub install.

the install that is most likely to work would be the one on the linux mint drive, although that is if i am correct in my theory of 2 grub installs. 

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself. 

also sorry for the second message, but worst case you should beable to try to add windows into the list for grub to show manually, although dont ask me how to do this since i havent used grub with windows in forever, letalone manually adding things to grub

Sadness is the one true emotion, and happiness, well, that's just a lie, sadness is all many of us feel, and is all we need to feel, because having it any other way, would just be wrong, why be happy when you can just be miserable like myself.