Video review request: Bonding network interfaces on Linux

Dear Linus,

I have an idea that you can show in your YouTube video.

Personally I am a real fan of linux and I would really like it if you want to demonstrate this project. I came up with this idea when I saw your steam caching server and immediately thought why no part 2? This is the idea. You have access to a few gigabit network cards. What happens when you put these cards in bonding mode and the steam caching server runs on that server? will downloading go faster? Try to put two network cards in bonding mode on the Linux client. I recommend using bonding mode 0 (Round-Robin), which ensures that all traffic passes over 2 network cards. I'm curious if you put both the server and the client in bonding, the speed actually doubled

Some URL's to the bonding guide

Look at this post: Bonding on ubuntu to learn more about bonding on Ubuntu Linux

Sorry about my bad English :)

Configure-Bonding-in-Ubuntu.jpg

If you have a video suggestion, please post it here:

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Bonding does indeed work like that, whether or not you get a linear speed increase depends on what mode you're using and hardware support.   Though consumer network gear likely won't support etherchannel (Cisco), many do have LACP/LAG/etc.

Cool never heard of that, so to get the maximum speed you would just need two end devices with the same number of ports and connections, right? 
Like a PC with 5 10Gbps port and 5 10Gbps ports in switch for example 

• 4 weeks later...

Doesn't need to have the _same_, but enough :)   What I mean is if you have a 32 port switcdh you only need a 5 port card in your PC.  It can be a cheaper option when you need a bit more but can't justify jumping tiers (1G to 10G, 20G, etc) or need HA since you also gain failover abilities.