ADVICE ON UPGRADING MY CURRENT BUILD

Hello Hello!!

At the moment my spec are as follows:

Case - Deepcool Tesseract BF USB 3.0 - black

Motherboard - Asus B150 PRO GAMING/AURA Intel B150 SK1151

RAM - Two 8GB (16GB) Kingston DDR4 HyperX FURY Black 2133MHz 

Power supply - Corsair CX- 600W 12 cm Builder Series 80Plus

Hard drive - Seagate 1 TB Solid State Hybrid 3.5 SATAIII 64MB (6GB/s)

GPU - Asus R9 STRIX Gaming DirectCU III OC 8GB GDDR5

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700 3.4GHz 8MB BOX

Cooler - Noctua NH- U14S 

OS - Windows 10

I'new to building pc's and making a good build. My worries with this build, that i have for 2 years now, is of course, the fear of it not being good enough for future AAA games to come. I do use it for work like ZBrush, Photoshop and Blende, but mainly it is for gaming. 

Recently with FFXV, and mainly with Monster Hunter World, i do know that those games are heavy af, heating up my pc like crazy. GPU can reach about 77ºC/78ºC with graphics at medium in both titles. As a great MH fan since the first launch from PS2, that does make me kind of sad (i know it's stupid but hey, it is what it is!!). Also those kind o temperatures do worry me, so the aim was to see what i could salvage from this build for the next.

Budget wise for upgrading, i don't have one...I'm crazy enough to buy a GPU 1080 when i have the money, but i recon that is not the only thing i will have to change to get a better performance. I need a bigger and better Case, fans should also be changed.

I thank you in advance for taking time on helping me. I does mean a lot.

I think that Id upgrade your "Aus R9" :)

Jokes aside, it seems like it's a 300 series R9 card so I'd get a 1080. Your case, although not perfect is sufficient. You can grab a few bequiet fans if you want too to improve the cooling performance.

23 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

wait for the new gpus and get a rtx 1070.

Why should i get a 1070 and not a 1080?

42 minutes ago, Bed said:

Why should i get a 1070 and not a 1080?

becuase a rtx 2080 will be expensive and a rtx 2070 will still have raytracing.

meant to put 2070.

Your current build is definitely well thought out, I can't see any clear bottlenecks anywhere. As far as upgrading it goes, I definitely agree that an upgrade to a GTX1070/ti or GTX 1080 would definitely be your best bet at improving performance in games.

On 16/08/2018 at 7:40 PM, Konrad_K said:

I think that Id upgrade your "Aus R9" :)

Jokes aside, it seems like it's a 300 series R9 card so I'd get a 1080. Your case, although not perfect is sufficient. You can grab a few bequiet fans if you want too to improve the cooling performance.

What would be a better case, if not perfect? if it even exists. it doesn't have fan support at front panel.

I didn't see the misspelling thank you xD

12 hours ago, virtua said:

Your current build is definitely well thought out, I can't see any clear bottlenecks anywhere. As far as upgrading it goes, I definitely agree that an upgrade to a GTX1070/ti or GTX 1080 would definitely be your best bet at improving performance in games.

Thank you for the response!! I will upgrade to the 1080 or 1070, when i'm prepared to take the plunge.

1 hour ago, Bed said:

What would be a better case, if not perfect? if it even exists. it doesn't have fan support at front panel.

I didn't see the misspelling thank you xD

I like the Fractal design Meshify C but something like a Phanteks P350X would be decent too.